Tampa Bay Rays @ Chicago White Sox

WilliamTell

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
This has all the making of 2007 with so many AAA players on the roster. This team needs to get healthy and fast.

I guess, but in my opinion it's an 84-win team that may turn into a 74-win team with a bunch of injuries, and being forced to make mid-season moves.

It wasn't going to be a postseason team either way, but Hawk will use the injury narrative.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 10:13 PM)
Damn then slim Pickens then, how about Castro?

I can't see them calling up a starter to put him in mop-up duty. His ERA is in the 5s in AAA this year. Taylor Thompson has the best numbers for any possible reliever to be called up, and he's in AA.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 05:15 PM)
I can't see them calling up a starter to put him in mop-up duty. His ERA is in the 5s in AAA this year. Taylor Thompson has the best numbers for any possible reliever to be called up, and he's in AA.

Ohhh my things are s***ty

When the season started, if you would have said they'll go 4-2 at home to start and split with the Blue Jays and Rays in April, I would have thought they had a very good month.

But Washington swept, and 2-3 vs Cle, and 0-2 vs Min.

May looks brutal, but we'll see.

I'll give Dylan some credit, he's been pitching pretty solidly. Take away his start in Washington and his ERA is 2.33

Axe keeps pitching like this, he might make some interesting trade bait.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)
I'll give Dylan some credit, he's been pitching pretty solidly. Take away his start in Washington and his ERA is 2.33

Axe keeps pitching like this, he might make some interesting trade bait.

Dylan salary is cheap..............Floyd at 9 Mil will be 1st to go.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 05:53 PM)
Dylan salary is cheap..............Floyd at 9 Mil will be 1st to go.

The fact that he's cheap and being effective might well mean someone is willing to give up something a few years away in exchange for him.

NO wonder Price lost it in the dugout.

@bairi: “@TampaBayTK: @DAVIDprice14 claims HP umpire Tom Hallion approached him n cursed at him on his way to the dugout.” #umpshow

Meghan Montemurro ‏@M_Montemurro 26s

Strong words from HP ump Hallion regarding Rays' Price claim he said to "throw the ball over the f-in plate" at the end of the 7th inning.

Meghan Montemurro ‏@M_Montemurro 2m

Hallion, asked by the pool reporter about Price's claim, said, "I'll come right out bluntly and say he's a liar." Interesting situation.

David Price ‏@DAVIDprice14 4m

1. I am not a liar 2. I would not make that stuff up 3. My own dad doesn't speak to me that way 4. Again I am not a liar #accountability