Tekotte sent back to AAA

southsider2k5

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 9h

One preseason worry with CWS was they were too right-handed offensively. But with Viciedo's injury, they became overly left-handed

... in the OF off the bench. So the replacement for Tekotte might be a right-handed bat instead of an eighth reliever

The White Sox 40-man roster is at 40 so if the move came from outside there would have to be another corresponding move to make room

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 07:57 AM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 9h

One preseason worry with CWS was they were too right-handed offensively. But with Viciedo's injury, they became overly left-handed

... in the OF off the bench. So the replacement for Tekotte might be a right-handed bat instead of an eighth reliever

The White Sox 40-man roster is at 40 so if the move came from outside there would have to be another corresponding move to make room

Casper Wells is available again.

Edit. He is a Brooklyn Nets fan. If he was good, it could be ignored, but he's not that good.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
Relief pitching can be a crap shoot and as a Sox fan I think we know that better than most. Look at Nate Jones last year. Look at Donnie Veal. We saw it with a Randy Williams a few years back. Erick Threets anyone? Who had expected them to be a force in the pen let alone on the team. If Purcey can give us a month of a sub 3 ERA he is making us a better team.

All I am saying is I would rather have another left handed option (with Veal scuffling and Thornton years past his hay day) than Duente Heath or a useless Tekotte.

Oh I understand, I just think it's funny. The only position that may be more volatile in all of sports is a place kicker.