GT Sox @ Rangers 4-30 7:05PM CST

pettie4sox

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:08 PM)
And Sandy...oy, bad times.

Back when Carlos Baerga was a great hitter, Lofton was ultra dangerous and Vizquel was the best SS in history unless you want to go with Ozzie Smith over him.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 09:11 PM)
Hey, we made an opposing pitcher pay for a mistake.

Career homer #31 for Wise.

Perhaps the most important in his SOX career since the end of the 2008 season.

60 MPH curveball floating up there.

He had some big ones last year when De Aza went down, too. I have to think his stretch with the Sox since he came back last year has been his best stretch as a major leaguer. He had a real tough time his first time here, probably because Ozzie thought he should be an MLB starter

QUOTE (Jake @ May 1, 2013 -> 03:13 AM)
He had some big ones last year when De Aza went down, too. I have to think his stretch with the Sox since he came back last year has been his best stretch as a major leaguer. He had a real tough time his first time here, probably because Ozzie thought he should be an MLB starter

It was cause Ozzie thought he should be a leadoff hitter.

My knee-jerk reaction to the bad fundamentals is to want a coach to rip them a new ass over it. Then I remember how Ozzie's teams went when the wheels began to fall of the wagon. I'll wait and see how we bounce back.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:13 PM)

He got overexposed.

He did hit a huge game winner in late 2008 against the Tigers, I remember that game vividly.

And the way he played in the post-season, he was one of our best hitters, if not THE best.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 10:04 PM)
Probably because there is a lot less ground to cover in the corners. Or he's an idiot. Who knows. Our team is far better off with him in CF with the possible exception of when Danks plays there...but in that case, why would you want to rearrange the defense for the few times he plays?

Ok, fair enough. I now a lot of people won't agree with me but I think Alejandro is somewhat a "dumb" player, lots of ability but the marbles are a lil lose when it comes to baseball smarts, but that's just IMHO

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 1, 2013 -> 03:15 AM)
Anything wrong with that?

Not at all, it's just it could get awkward if the wheels completely fall off. Reminds me of how Hawk used to say that Ozzie could easily have 2 or 3 World Series rings.

Was about to give up on this game for Iron Man 3....but pulled back in.

It's weird, the Chinese version is supposed to be a bit different, with additional scenes shot in China as well as the inclusion of one of the more famous actresses here now, Fan Bing Bing.

Walks always end up killing the White Sox in Arlington. Solo homers are one thing...

If Donnie Veal comes in, this is his last chance.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 07:11 PM)
"Robin will overcome this because Robin is a man of a very strong character"

Honestly, I have never been a Hawk hater--but it is seriously getting to the point where I can't enjoy team success.

It's what made Harry so great -- wasn't afraid to call garbage garbage.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:16 PM)
Not at all, it's just it could get awkward if the wheels completely fall off. Reminds me of how Hawk used to say that Ozzie could easily have 2 or 3 World Series rings.

He won't turn on Ventura, but he'll get awfully quiet and you'll be able to tell he's barely controlling himself from going off. Combined with a snort and a sigh.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 09:16 PM)

And if he didn't start believing his own suck ups too much, he might have. He lost so many good players because of his ego.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2013 -> 03:19 AM)
And if he didn't start believing his own suck ups too much, he might have. He lost so many good players because of his ego.

Very true, but Hawk would blame it on injuries and not issues in the clubhouse, etc.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:16 PM)
Ok, fair enough. I now a lot of people won't agree with me but I think Alejandro is somewhat a "dumb" player, lots of ability but the marbles are a lil lose when it comes to baseball smarts, but that's just IMHO

Can you explain further why you believe this to be so?