GT Sox @ Rangers 4-30 7:05PM CST

pettie4sox

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 09:28 PM)
When you're playing in our 12th or 13th MLB game at age 30, you're not going to get much respect from umps yet.

Another factor lost with AJ, that gamesmanship angle with the umps and opposing players.

I don't know that that should be playing a very big factor in the MLB. This ump will be held accountable for the calls based on video review regardless of who the calls involved

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 1, 2013 -> 03:29 AM)
5 back in last place

The next 2 weeks is definitely danger time. If the Sox keep playing poorly, they can easily put themselves into a hole that statistically is very difficult to overcome. With that said, a lot of this has to fall on the pitching, as the offense scored a decent amount of runs against 3 of the 4 best pitchers in the AL.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:28 PM)
With all the injuries, it's been hard to get a lot of continuity in the lineup/on the field.

Having Keppinger and Greene at 2B has definitely had a domino effect...we all knew that Beckham's defense was important, but we didn't realize how much the dropoff was going to be with little things like hitting the cutoff man.

They've been woeful at that so far this year.

We've given up an extra base to runners how many times this year already?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:30 PM)
The next 2 weeks is definitely danger time. If the Sox keep playing poorly, they can easily put themselves into a hole that statistically is very difficult to overcome. With that said, a lot of this has to fall on the pitching, as the offense scored a decent amount of runs against 3 of the 4 best pitchers in the AL.

And you just have a feeling that by May 10th, the Angels are going to be playing better....that's a scary home series...because their biggest weakness is pitching, but it's also our weakness.

Jones has regressed from where he was in the middle of last season.

Control...control...control.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:24 PM)
On top of it all Dunn was out of positon. He needed to be in the middle of the field to cut that throw and stop the guy from going to third.

Some might just call Dunn a "dumb" player, lacking in "baseball smarts", based on "random plays in the field".

QUOTE (Jake @ May 1, 2013 -> 03:33 AM)
Lots of talk yearning for the return of Gordon...but do you really want to see Gillaspie go to the bench? Do we prefer Gordon to Keppinger?

I want to see Beckham first just so he can try to play his way into a contract extension. It is funny hearing Hawk say that the Beckham loss is the biggest cause of the bad play. If you're relying on Gordon Beckham to set the tone for your team, then you suck.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 09:33 PM)
Lots of talk yearning for the return of Gordon...but do you really want to see Gillaspie go to the bench? Do we prefer Gordon to Keppinger?

I want Gordo at 2b as often as possible. That defense has just killed us.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:33 PM)

If he's 100% healthy, yes. We need some more pop in the line-up...Gordon's more of a home run threat (scary, I said it).

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 09:34 PM)
meh, I'd rather face Beltre. But Jones is pretty much fooling no one this year. They're all sitting dead red.

For a guy with a very fast, moving fastball...they have no problem squaring him up. I'm not eager to send him to the minors, but we still need to protect him while he develops his secondary stuff.

Meanwhile, a pathetic attempt at that one by Hector. Still Jones' fault, but that ball was close enough to Hector's body that he should have tried to square it up.

AND again.