4/30 Games

caulfield12

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 11:47 PM)
2/3 for Phegley. His AVG up to .294, OBP almost .400. Jesus, he may compete for the job next year if Flowers still sucks.

Make it THIS year.

If the team wants to look at their options before acquiring players in the off-season, it would behoove them to look at what Phegley can do for the last 2-3 months of 2013.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 1, 2013 -> 06:50 AM)
Playing Flowers is giving up on season.

And who are you going to trade to get a legitimate, affordable, Top 5-10 catcher in baseball?

Remember, if he's a veteran, he likely will get too old and expensive to figure into your plans to compete in 2016.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 1, 2013 -> 04:44 PM)
I hope he does too. I've been right about a lot more players than I've been wrong about though.

The jury is still out on Dayan Viciedo. It's way too early to make pronouncements about his career or future.

Alexei Ramirez started off better than in 2012....he is what he is, but he's definitely not "done," has been one of our better offensive players in the first month and you could easily find a contending team to at least assume his contract if they lost their regular SS for an extended period of time or just needed an upgrade.

As far as saying the John Danks deal was a bad one, are you on record the day that extension was announced saying it was a terrible decision? Or did you predict his injury?