Abuse case Leo, Br. Rice, St. Lawrence

greg775

Folks, Did you read the story in the Trib Monday about 30 people suing the Christian Brothers (who have no money) for sex abuse of students by brothers and teachers basically in the 60s, 70s and 80s?

My brother is a lawyer so he sent me the actual names of the alleged perpetrators on the actual open record complaint, and one is a longtime Brother Rice football coach, who was at Rice when I was there. He actually wasn't head coach any more, but I had him as religion teacher.

Anyhow, I am sickened that "allegedly" the higher-ups at Brother Rice knew about all the abusers and shipped them to other places including this Courtney guy who went to Seattle and caused all sorts of abuse crimes there!

I am so sickened by this, I almost hope the people who are doing the suing (I think eight are suing Brother Rice) bring Rice to its knees and make the current school pay out the wazoo considering the Christian Brothers are bankrupt.

My question to you is: How could this happen? How could members of a religious order (brothers) KNOW of these atrocities and let these abusers continue on??? Are you as sickened by me as this? My brother is so upset he demanded to be removed from all Brother Rice records. He does not want it on the record that he is a graduate of the school since he attended the school during the 70s and knew some of the "alleged" abusers.

Why? Why did this happen at Chicago's Brother Rice, Leo and St. Laurence????

And to you attorneys on here: Will the people doing the suing be able to get money from the current Brother Rice administration for atrocities committed in the 60s and 70s? Since the Christian Brothers have no money to pay??? If Rice, Leo and Laurence have to pay out settlements will the schools close?

And yes, in looking back, there was one incident when a priest at my grade school tried to get me. He didn't succeed and at the time I didn't know what the f*** he was trying to do to me.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/religio...0,7430957.story

Edited by greg775

Interested to see where it goes. Brother Walzack always seemed perfectly normal to me. Come to think of it, he did not have much interaction with the students. Edit: guess this is sesperate from his case, although the circumstances sound similar.

There was a huge falling out with the entire Rice admin staff a couple years back. Rumors swirled over just about anything. No reason was ever given.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood