GT Sox @ Rangers 5-1-13 7:05 CST

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2013 -> 08:43 PM)
Very weak swings in hitters counts this inning. This offense is so damn boring.

This team as currently designed will be lucky to win 75 games. I have seen this movie before oh it's April, May struggles and June is still horrid.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2013 -> 06:48 PM)
Makes me think trading Peavy at mid-season before he wears down in the 2nd half wouldn't be the worst possible thing in the world, because he gets the Sox the highest amount back in return. Especially a contending NL team, maybe the Rockies or DBacks, that need another veteran pitcher to get them over the hump.

Nobody else would get much back.

What do you think Peavy would bring in a trade in the next 30 days -- assuming he keeps pitching well in his next 5-6 starts? I don't mean specific names, of course, but what kind of prospects? Someone like what the Braves gaves us a few years ago, or someone who is ready to be brought up to majors? The Red Sox are in first place and are loaded with prospects who can hit (unlike us). Peavy should make the BoSox drool.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 1, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
What do you think Peavy would bring in a trade in the next 30 days -- assuming he keeps pitching well in his next 5-6 starts? I don't mean specific names, of course, but what kind of prospects? Someone like what the Braves gaves us a few years ago, or someone who is ready to be brought up to majors? The Red Sox are in first place and are loaded with prospects who can hit (unlike us). Peavy should make the BoSox drool.

Nothing. Major trades aren't made in may.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 2, 2013 -> 02:53 AM)

As ss2k said, it's too early for a major trade. However, Peavy's value should be more than anyone the Sox have traded in a very, very long time.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2013 -> 09:00 PM)
For those not watching, it sure seems like Beckham will be with the White Sox for a very long time. Hawk said he would take over as leader of the team after Konerko leaves.

How can he know that, are they that confident in his hitting? His defense will be there.