Sox @ Royals

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to give a big shout out to my man Jeff Keppinger who's really been a solid addition to the ball club this season. Talk about "make an impact," that's you Kepp! Oh and major props to the big fella Adam Dunn. Don't forget dude, you're just here to get on base and hit the occasional blast, so keep it up! And I sure hope Robin doesn't go tinkering with the lineup and making any crazy changes, moving guys down and other guys up. No need to be rash. Smacks of desperation. Otherwise, Go Sox! Best.Season.Ever.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 01:49 AM)
2 hitters in the lineup batting over .257, and 4 under .195 at the moment. I miss steroids in the game of baseball.

You should see what's coming up from college baseball. Nobody and I mean nobody hits home runs anymore. I think Texas' leading home run hitter has 3 or 4 homers.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 02:11 AM)
It's unbelievable just how worthless Keppinger has been so far. Thing is, without getting to face a lot of LHP in our division, he's going to end up being a seldom-played utility player.

Man he is a lousy hitter. Kepp is hitting .186, followed by Dunn's great .143, .192 from Flowers and .188 from Wise.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ May 5, 2013 -> 03:16 AM)
First career shutout in 216 starts as well.

Getz is becoming a problem with his bat. Elliott Johnson has been getting more playing time, but nobody is convinced he's the answer. Semi-prospect Johnny Giavotella is hitting in Triple-A, but he's striking out a ton, his defense sucks, and he's showed very little in KC over three stints. Former top pick Christian Colon isn't hitting well in Triple-A. So yeah, 2nd base is an issue.

And of course Francoeur still sucks. He's got a great arm but other than that he's a defensive liability. He's swings at everything, doesn't make a lot if contact, and never walks.

Most Royals fans prefer Jarrod Dyson in center with Lorenzo Cain moving to right. Dyson doesn't have any power but makes decent contact, can take a walk, and is one of the fastest players in baseball. He's a defensive upgrade over Cain defensively too.

We've still got some nice prospects but the only ones close to the bigs are all pitchers.

Guthrie has now pitched 44 innings over 5 starts as a Royal against the White Sox. He's allowed 2 earned runs. He came into the game with a 0.50 ERA against them and managed to lower it to 0.04, wow.

Don't laugh, people, but Dyson looks like a guy who deserves to at least platoon with Francouer. Although Francouer's .255 would be one of the top averages in our starting nine.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 5, 2013 -> 02:32 AM)
Guthrie is the real deal, let's stop pretending the SOX were dealing with some scrub tonight. Sox are banged up. I expect when Beckham returns that you Kepp gets bench time. I really want Viciedo to return so De Aza gets his b**** ass back in CF. Granted, no runs were scored due to the De Aza tonight but he has kicked the ball around a lot.

Sox still take 2 of 3 this series, you heard it here first.

Let's do it gentlemen and shut these damn Soxtalk haters up.

You were right about the Texas series, hope you are right again. The top of our order doesn't help matters any. DeAza and Kepp are bad this season.