GT 5/5/13 Sox @ Burger Royal 1:10 pm

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2013 -> 02:34 PM)
Why anyone would think that trading Viciedo is a good idea is beyond me. He'd be the exact type of player you'd be trying to acquire. Young, talented, but undervalued on the trade market, high ceiling, maybe capable of being a producer in the near future.

If I were unloading a young guy from the pen, I'd go Reed. He'd bring a better return than Jones just since he's already been closing.

The smartass answer would be because he is not good.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 5, 2013 -> 05:48 PM)
Might have pulled a leg muscle?

I think the wind just pushed it away from him and he wasn't expecting it. But if he was going full speed the whole time he might well have gotten that.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)
I can't imagine how frustrating a loss like this would have been in previous years. Right now, it's just par for the course unfortunately. Hopefully we can go 72 hours without anyone else getting hurt.

Yeah, I don't want to see them lose, but I've been watching NBA playoffs and not particularly giving a s*** about the '13 white sox.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 5, 2013 -> 05:54 PM)
Yeah, I don't want to see them lose, but I've been watching NBA playoffs and not particularly giving a s*** about the '13 white sox.

Sadly, I have more hope for a good result from the 2013 white sox than I do for a good result from the 2013 NBA playoffs.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
Sadly, I have more hope for a good result from the 2013 white sox than I do for a good result from the 2013 NBA playoffs.

Haha...the Western Conference games have been great, actually.

But yeah, I smell what you're stepping in.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)
I can't imagine how frustrating a loss like this would have been in previous years. Right now, it's just par for the course unfortunately. Hopefully we can go 72 hours without anyone else getting hurt.

Agreed. Not even really upset, what's the point?

All last season, these games would have been killers, especially the ones against KC. Now, they're just more evidence of a crumbling organization that's being passed while essentially standing still.

When you're something like 4-8 in your own division without even facing the Tigers, what do you expect?

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 5, 2013 -> 05:56 PM)
Haha...the Western Conference games have been great, actually.

But yeah, I smell what you're stepping in.

Yeah, losing Westbrook will make the OKC Memphis matchup really even.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2013 -> 02:57 PM)
Agreed. Not even really upset, what's the point?

All last season, these games would have been killers, especially the ones against KC. Now, they're just more evidence of a crumbling organization that's being passed while essentially standing still.

When you're something like 4-8 in your own division without even facing the Tigers, what do you expect?

I don't know how you could see the young guys on this team and say the Org is crumbling. I actually feel better long term about the health of the franchise than in a few years...this is just a down cycle...but we can get back soon if we make a few solid moves and have a few solid drafts.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 5, 2013 -> 06:00 PM)
I don't know how you could see the young guys on this team and say the Org is crumbling. I actually feel better long term about the health of the franchise than in a few years...this is just a down cycle...but we can get back soon if we make a few solid moves and have a few solid drafts.

And get these guys out of bed at some point during spring training, which they seemingly slept through this year.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 5, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)

Beckham, Viciedo and Flowers have yet to prove themselves...

Then there's Conor. Get back to me in 2-3 months on Gillaspie. The Giants don't make too many mistakes with player evaluations and win 2/3 World Series titles.

Every single minor league position prospect has disappointed so far.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2013 -> 10:06 PM)
Every single minor league position prospect has disappointed so far.

Semien and Phegley have played very well. Semien is a better 2b prospect than Sanchez, in my opinion.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 5, 2013 -> 06:10 PM)
I wonder if Ventura is going to call these guys out for this s***.

I have no idea what he's doing. These guys clearly can play better than this, they did so last year. But now we're like 5 weeks in and they're sloppier than...welll...insert your own joke.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2013 -> 10:53 PM)
I think the wind just pushed it away from him and he wasn't expecting it. But if he was going full speed the whole time he might well have gotten that.

Thought he had it timed and the wind got him. But, I agree run hard all the way

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 5, 2013 -> 10:23 PM)
I'm still bewildered at the decision to walk the feeble Chris Getz.

I had a Royals fan at the game text me when we started to walk Getz and he wrote, "Your Sox deserve to lose for walking Chris Getz."

Not so much later, ballgame predictably over.