GT 5/5/13 Sox @ Burger Royal 1:10 pm

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2013 -> 09:35 PM)
The Sox have a lot of guys who are more valuable to them than as a trade chip. Most of their minor league OF's fit that description, Axelrod, most of the Sox bullpen (except maybe Reed by the end of the year), Viciedo, Gillaspie

Viciedo is someone that POSSIBLY has more value on the market than what he actually provides. Everyone else, I totally agree with you about.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 5, 2013 -> 02:34 PM)
The story on Santiago might change if he goes on a run of good starts. I could see him becoming highly sought after very quickly. That said, I would be asking for a lot.

Why would we be trading Santiago?

That makes about zero sense with Danks' comeback far from certain.

We all knew Clayton Richard has hit limitations, but it's going to be a huge disappointment unless they get a surefire offensive threat along the lines of 2012 Josh Reddick back.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 5, 2013 -> 09:35 PM)
Why would you not trade Sale?

Cause if you rebuild and aim for 3-4 years from now of competing again, he's still signed at an affordable contract. When you see a team like the Cubs sign Edwin Jackson for as much as they did in hopes of having him on a competing pitching staff down the road, it makes you value someone like Sale more.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 02:36 PM)
Viciedo is someone that POSSIBLY has more value on the market than what he actually provides. Everyone else, I totally agree with you about.

That organization has to see him as an everyday player (RF/LF/1B/DH) and also have patience with him.

And be seriously lacking in power.

Which is the exact definition of the White Sox with Konerko leaving, AJ gone, Dunn and Rios soon after.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
Cause if you rebuild and aim for 3-4 years from now of competing again, he's still signed at an affordable contract. When you see a team like the Cubs sign Edwin Jackson for as much as they did in hopes of having him on a competing pitching staff down the road, it makes you value someone like Sale more.

I'd rather use the pieces I might get for him to try and actually rebuild than hope the timing of it just happens to coincide with his current contract structure...

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 04:41 PM)
Someone want to explain why Thornton was left in for Escobar, considering he bats almost .380 against LHP?

I don't know that Lindstrom would have been ready, I thought they said he was just getting up just as Thornton finished his warmups?

Would have picked Crain over Lindstrom.

This is not the time to be waiting for what might happen the next inning.

Need to get out of this inning with the lead.

It worked. But that ball was scalded. At least Keppinger made a big play.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jake @ May 5, 2013 -> 03:13 PM)
LOL

This is the perfect example of why Soxtalk would never have the stomach for a rebuild. Viciedo plays one major league season, hits 25 bombs and 75 RBI, and he is trash. You guys would never have been able to handle the development of the guys you love on KC, many of whom are still not producing

You don't develop LF'ers. That would be a bad rebuild and one I would not be able to stomach.