GT 5/5/13 Sox @ Burger Royal 1:10 pm

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox are just stuck until they get Dunn off the payroll.

They don't need to do a Cubs/Marlins/Astros break down. They just need to get these contracts off the books and get better players for shorter term deals while they develop their own (or hope to develop their own).

QUOTE (flavum @ May 5, 2013 -> 09:29 PM)
The Sox are just stuck until they get Dunn off the payroll.

They don't need to do a Cubs/Marlins/Astros break down. They just need to get these contracts off the books and get better players for shorter term deals while they develop their own (or hope to develop their own).

And amnesty Danks :)

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 5, 2013 -> 05:28 PM)
Yeah, but when did they actually begin that rebuild?

The smartass reply is "2002 when they drafted Matt Cain".

Their 2006-2008 first round drafts were Lincecum, Bumgartner, and Posey. That's the other message...that a team doing a complete rebuild would require hitting that well on 3 straight draft picks in order to recover. That's some serious hits.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 5, 2013 -> 04:31 PM)
That too. It's going to suck if the best you can hope from him is 5th starter production for 3.5 years.

That is on KW with his stupid contract he gave out.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 5, 2013 -> 05:31 PM)
The other thing to consider if you want the Sox to totally rebuild, it is not like they have a bunch of promising players in the minors that are a year or two away.

If you unload a young guy like Sale that would change pretty quickly.

Also you have guys like Tank & Jones who could bring back quality prospects.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ May 5, 2013 -> 05:33 PM)
If you unload a young guy like Sale that would change pretty quickly.

Also you have guys like Tank & Jones who could bring back quality prospects.

Why anyone would think that trading Viciedo is a good idea is beyond me. He'd be the exact type of player you'd be trying to acquire. Young, talented, but undervalued on the trade market, high ceiling, maybe capable of being a producer in the near future.

If I were unloading a young guy from the pen, I'd go Reed. He'd bring a better return than Jones just since he's already been closing.

It is amazing how so many abandon ship so early in the season. We are tied as I write this because our young relief stud, who has been pretty good at getting out of gtrouble played with fire once to often and got burned. Plenty of season left

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2013 -> 05:34 PM)
Why anyone would think that trading Viciedo is a good idea is beyond me. He'd be the exact type of player you'd be trying to acquire. Young, talented, but undervalued on the trade market, high ceiling, maybe capable of being a producer in the near future.

If I were unloading a young guy from the pen, I'd go Reed. He'd bring a better return than Jones just since he's already been closing.

I agree on Tank.