GT 5/5/13 Sox @ Burger Royal 1:10 pm

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 5, 2013 -> 02:23 PM)
LOL. If he had him hit away or had him bunt, if it didn't work, you would have criticized him.

He did something that's "not by the book" and I'll give him credit for that.

And yes, with how the team's been playing, every single move is going to be under the microscope.

Yay, Rios! Hopefully he's getting back on track.

So much for the vaunted Royals' bullpen, Collins and Crow showing some cracks in the foundation.

Even Dunn has an infield hit, haha.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)
You are giving 2005 jphat a run for his money for most optimistic poster ever :)

Then you corrupted him into the most pessimistic poster ever (after yourself)

QUOTE (Jake @ May 5, 2013 -> 08:57 PM)
We have a pretty good staff right now. It was made with good late round drafting, a number 13 draft pick, Aaron Poreda, Clayton Richard, and Brandon McCarthy

In my opinion, the two guys you absolutely don't consider trading in the organization are Sale and Santiago (Santiago is way more valuable to the Sox than as a trade chip).

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 03:33 PM)
In my opinion, the two guys you absolutely don't consider trading in the organization are Sale and Santiago (Santiago is way more valuable to the Sox than as a trade chip).

The story on Santiago might change if he goes on a run of good starts. I could see him becoming highly sought after very quickly. That said, I would be asking for a lot.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 01:33 PM)

Why would you not trade Sale?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 04:33 PM)

The Sox have a lot of guys who are more valuable to them than as a trade chip. Most of their minor league OF's fit that description, Axelrod, most of the Sox bullpen (except maybe Reed by the end of the year), Viciedo, Gillaspie