KC vs Sox game thread

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 6, 2013 -> 03:02 PM)
OK Hawk. You couldn't tell with any camera angle, whatever they called was holding.

He said he's upset that they blew it initially.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 6, 2013 -> 01:02 PM)
OK Hawk. You couldn't tell with any camera angle, whatever they called was holding.

Tell me how with the wind blowing from LF to RF that a ball lands where it did. They didn't have an angle to refute it because the ball was so high, so they had to go with the original call.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 6, 2013 -> 03:02 PM)
How hard would it be to get two cameras, strap them onto the foul poles, and point them straight up?

Or have cameras perfectly positioned for the calls down both lines. They don't have to be tied into the TV broadcast. You would think since this is the part they do use replay, they would have things positioned perfectly.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 6, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)
Tell me how with the wind blowing from LF to RF that a ball lands where it did. They didn't have an angle to refute it because the ball was so high, so they had to go with the original call.

The ball basically landed almost even with the pole, give or take a few feet. The angle Hawk is b****ing about is not directly on the line, that angle makes it look much better than it does.

Wish they had a camera look. Umpire is looking at a ball against a pole, the only way it's foul is if it was foul at some point. He's not going to miss that much of it. What point it crossed is the issue, impossible to tell depth at that point.

Another reason, just like with football, they should raise the poles a s*** ton so you never have the "over the pole" issue.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 6, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)
Like Hawk said it hit fair and bounced back onto the field fair so how can it be foul ?

I'm not watching, but unless the wind is 70 mph, I don't see how you can hit the ball down the line foul and have it land behind the pole fair. I think it might be physically impossible.

I'm not watching, but unless the wind is 70 mph, I don't see how you can hit the ball down the line foul and have it land behind the pole fair. I think it might be physically impossible.

Yeah, Robin should have carried a physics textbook out with him to argue. That would have swayed the umpires over.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 6, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)
Yeah, Robin should have carried a physics textbook out with him to argue. That would have swayed the umpires over.

Obviously you are being a smartass, but balls down the line have some spin on them, they almost always have at least a little hook or slice to them, and those hooks and slices are going to be going into foul territory, not fair. All you can argue is to have them look at a replay. Once they do that, there is nothing you can do.