AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Really excited for Santiago vs Harvey.

Santiago matches up well against their lineup with Murphy, Duda, & Davis from the left side. Just PLEASE RV DO NOT LET WRIGHT BEAT US THIS SERIES.

If you have yet to see Harvey pitch this season, Santiago is gonna have to bring his A stuff, because Harvey has been shutting everyone down.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ May 6, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
Really excited for Santiago vs Harvey.

Santiago matches up well against their lineup with Murphy, Duda, & Davis from the left side. Just PLEASE RV DO NOT LET WRIGHT BEAT US THIS SERIES.

If you have yet to see Harvey pitch this season, Santiago is gonna have to bring his A stuff, because Harvey has been shutting everyone down.

i'm going to the game tomorrow. so psyched.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 6, 2013 -> 04:50 PM)
With a 2-1 final, did we steal one? Is that based on Getz bobbling the ball? Both teams struggled apparently to break through in the first 9...

Sox had a 0.5 WHIP through 8 innings

If people are going to b**** about Reed yesterday the Sox won in that same fashion today that was about all I was trying to say.

Nice game by Sale. Looked like Lexi got robbed of a home run.

Sox are 3-3 against the Royals this year which is pretty amazing. You'd take a .500 record against them any day considering the rosters.

Edited by greg775

Internet went out and I woke up again around 430 am and, lo and behold, the Sox were batting in the top of the 9th.

Had to use my $35 NOKIA to check the game action...one by one, bases are loaded (in typical Sox fashion, of course we couldn't score with three consecutive singles), then there was the Konerko GIDP. It seems like it took 5-10 minutes to get an update on Ramirez's infield single, then trying to figure out how the runner didn't score from 2nd.

Going into extras tied, fell asleep again and pleasantly surprised that we had won. Danks has had some big homers for us in his limited playing time.

I think we lead the majors in hitting with RISP but those hits not resulting in RBI's (percentage-wise), LOL.

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,3161458.story

Game story from TRIB.

Didn't realize there were 3 baserunning mistakes. Ventura wasn't too upset, blamed them on "hustle/effort" errors.

Of course, it's easy to be less upset if the errors don't end up costing you the game. Still need to clean a lot of issues up if we want to be competitive this year.

Since there's no catch-all thread anymore, I don't know if this was brought up earlier in the game thread but...

Jordan Danks has 2 homeruns at the major league level. They're both of the game winning variety. Fun stuff, eh?