Sox setting up for the end of the Konerko era?

southsider2k5

Dayan is still at an age where he could fathomably become a better outfielder. That is by no means a cinch to happen, but a 24 year old could easily still be on the upswing when it comes to his defense. I would keep him in the OF as long as possible. I felt like, by the end of last season, he was fielding at least at a CQ level of defense. He was starting off pretty damn slow this year though.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 10, 2013 -> 10:18 AM)
Dayan is still at an age where he could fathomably become a better outfielder. That is by no means a cinch to happen, but a 24 year old could easily still be on the upswing when it comes to his defense. I would keep him in the OF as long as possible. I felt like, by the end of last season, he was fielding at least at a CQ level of defense. He was starting off pretty damn slow this year though.

Considering that seemingly the entire team forgot to do basic fielding practice during spring training, Viciedo can be criticized a bit for struggling out of the gate with that, but he just took the same step back that the entire team took when they spent spring training using the slip and slide rather than doing fielding drills.