Arias/Cleveland kidnap cases

greg775

1.) Are you attorneys on here surprised Arias gave an interview right after she was found guilty of first degree murder? I did not realize interviews were available that quickly if reporters are able to set them up. It reminded me of People's Court almost.

Seems the reporter established a professional connection with Arias and was able to set it up. He got good stuff in the 45 minutes. I like the way the national people were horrified by it all, since they couldn't get the interview.

2.) Do you think Arias should die for killing an abusive ex-boyfriend? Isn't life in prison enough if the guy abused her a lot??

3.) Are you getting into this Charles Ramsey neighbor who helped rescue the 3 women and child in Cleveland? Will he have more than 15 minutes of fame?

I'm horrified that those poor women n child were prisoners for so long. WTF??? The police couldn't help out when it was reported a naked woman was crawling in the yard two fricking years ago?

Thank u for your responses.

Edited by greg775

During the Boston Marathon case, there was discussion about how awful it would be for a public defender to be forced to defend a terrorist. Personally, I think defending Dzhohkar Tsarnev would be 100x easier than trying to protect someone like Ariel Castro.

Ariel Castro to plead not guilty.

I understand that he has the right to a fair trail and he's innocent until proven guilty but what is the purpose here? Is he really going to try to convince people that he is innocent?

Not to mention the 3 women that will have to testify against him and re-live the horrors of the last 10 years.

This quote from one of his lawyers was interesting:

"The initial portrayal by the media has been one of a 'monster' and that's not the impression that I got when I talked to him for three hours,"

From what I've read, this guy is really good at not letting people know what kind of person he really is. His brothers didn't know, his daughter didn't know, his neighbors didn't know...

I understand that he has the right to a fair trail and he's innocent until proven guilty but what is the purpose here? Is he really going to try to convince people that he is innocent?

Not to mention the 3 women that will have to testify against him and re-live the horrors of the last 10 years.

From what I've read, this guy is really good at not letting people know what kind of person he really is. His brothers didn't know, his daughter didn't know, his neighbors didn't know...

Knowing how traumatic it might be for those women to testify, it could be a bluff to try to get the plea offer lowered.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2013 -> 10:45 PM)
2.) Do you think Arias should die for killing an abusive ex-boyfriend? Isn't life in prison enough if the guy abused her a lot??

Have you seen evidence that I havent that proves this?

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ May 16, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)

He might. But it's probably more about proving he doesn't deserve a certain level of punishment.