Game Thread: LAA (Williams) @ White Sox (Quintana), 6:10pm

Disco72

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 11, 2013 -> 09:13 PM)
If people go I want Kenny Williams gone from organization with no say so on any player decisions EVER again!

If I could have one wish of just one move, including never hearing Hawk or Farmer again, I would take having KW leave the Sox forever first.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 11, 2013 -> 10:13 PM)
If people go I want Kenny Williams gone from organization with no say so on any player decisions EVER again!

I don't think Kenny is the problem, but I WOULD actually like to see him completely gone just so we can know without any uncertainty that this is a 100% Rick Hahn team. I don't like not knowing what Kenny is influencing.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 11, 2013 -> 08:16 PM)
It'd be nice for Keppinger to take a walk sometime. That statistical oddity is annoying me.

Even Dayan has walks in two consecutive games.

In fact, we'll start to see it more often if Keppinger continues to hit behind him. Who would want to pitch to Viciedo instead of Kepp?

No brainer.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
I will say these games are significantly more interesting with Viciedo back in the lineup. Nice having someone to root for that you feel is actually going to be with this organization for the next few years.

Agreed.

If nothing else, it annoys Marty. Of course, then he'll try to turn it around and say he's a better candidate to trade, lol.

Keeps the board more interesting, at least. Well, for some of us.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2013 -> 02:19 AM)
Agreed.

If nothing else, it annoys Marty. Of course, then he'll try to turn it around and say he's a better candidate to trade, lol.

Can I mediate a truce between you two? :)

The game Sunday is on ESPN.

Shulman and the boyz won't sugar-coast how bad Dunn is and has been.

They won't talk about how he's in between.

Or how he "just missed" it.

They'll say what everybody knows but the White sox don't want to admit:

He can't hit any more and he is a gigantic anvil tied around the Sox franchise.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2013 -> 08:19 PM)
Can I mediate a truce between you two? :)

Well, for a long time he would never respond at all to anything I directed at him.

The problem is that I wish I could agree with him...and I do sometimes...but there's a part of me, no matter the negativity or pessimism this season has induced, that causes me to have to defend the organization.

(Reminds me of the time teaching in Colombia I got so upset about all of my students saying ill-informed things about George W. Bush, no matter how much I personally disliked him....I spent a whole class explaining/defending his actions and why he did the things he did, so that they would understand that everything is not simply black-and-white...and none of them, of course, were willing at all to join the military or U.N. or even fight the FARC guerillas because they were all so spoiled/pampered/rich...we eventually had a debate where the students had to argue the side of the U.S.)

In that sense, Marty draws out the inner-Rongey in all of us.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2013 -> 09:18 PM)
Even Dayan has walks in two consecutive games.

In fact, we'll start to see it more often if Keppinger continues to hit behind him. Who would want to pitch to Viciedo instead of Kepp?

No brainer.

I'm not one to use the "I told you so" phrase, but I wasn't a fan of signing him, or Dunn two years ago. A .193 and .137 pair of hitters batting 2 and 4 for most of the year so far. Are you kidding me? We already know and talk about Dunn constantly. And who knows, I'm not on the board too often anymore, so maybe Keppinger gets talked about constantly too, but he is beyond rediculous. Can't take a walk, apparently can't get above the Mendoza line currently, doesn't have any power, and seems to make costly errors and rediculously bad times. Please Beckham come back!

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 11, 2013 -> 09:15 PM)
I don't think Kenny is the problem, but I WOULD actually like to see him completely gone just so we can know without any uncertainty that this is a 100% Rick Hahn team. I don't like not knowing what Kenny is influencing.

KW hands are on everything still...............If Hahn is the GM let him do his job.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 11, 2013 -> 09:15 PM)
If I could have one wish of just one move, including never hearing Hawk or Farmer again, I would take having KW leave the Sox forever first.

It is WAY past time I want him gone today forever.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 11, 2013 -> 08:30 PM)
It is WAY past time I want him gone today forever.

Watch out. In the cult hit which is ex-President Bill Clinton's new favorite movie, two African-American midgets hear that same phrase from Jeffrey Jones (Ferris Bueller's principal) and decide to assassinate C-Note in "Who's Your Caddy?"

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2013 -> 09:34 PM)
Watch out. In the cult hit which is ex-President Bill Clinton's new favorite movie, two African-American midgets hear that same phrase from Jeffrey Jones (Ferris Bueller's principal) and decide to assassinate C-Note in "Who's Your Caddy?"

I read that also :lol:

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 11, 2013 -> 08:06 PM)
You ask the question what is your opinion?

Sorry got caught up with something.

I initially told myself I will give them until end of May and evaluate but looks like it will be way too late for that.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2013 -> 02:03 AM)
3 K's for Dunn. That was a hearty blasting of boos there for 15 seconds or so.

Who is now at .137 and even worse than 2011.

Dunn. Wow. 0-4 with 3 Ks at home. What a worthless baseball player.

Indians actually have a decent team. They finished off that game by retiring Cabrera to end the game.

If Sox get second pick in the draft this year behind the Marlins, are any certain stars available? Trout-like guys or Harper/Strasburg types?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 11, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)

Indians actually have a decent team. They finished off that game by retiring Cabrera to end the game.

If Sox get second pick in the draft this year behind the Marlins, are any certain stars available? Trout-like guys or Harper/Strasburg types?

You're forgetting the Astros and possibly the Cubs, too

After the #1 pick right now, no consensus. But five million things will change between now and next June.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 11, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)

Like Caufield said, there are still some bad teams to gobble up those first handful of picks.

So far I haven't heard of any phenoms like Harper or Strasburg coming down the pipeline, but that draft is still 13 months away, so who knows what players crop up.

Regardless, it would be REAL nice to have a top 10 pick again. 4 of the last 5 top 10 picks we've had turned out to be real solid or Hall of Famers (Alex Fernandez, Frank Thomas, Robin Ventura, and Jack McDowell). The other one is Gordon Beckham.