Tyler Flowers

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
You also went WAY out of your way to personally insult the intelligence of anyone who had been excited about his hot start at all. You presented your argument in such a way that even if it was a good argument, people were still going to be upset about it and react in a negative way that would cause a heated flame war. That was a garbage post, man -- really bad communication. I'm guessing you were both slightly drunk and in a surly mood.

Well. Yeah. Anyone who was excited about his hot start was/is a f***ing idiot.

Edited by Steve9347

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 03:23 PM)
Here's the last thing I'll say about it, and then we'll agree to disagree. You're saying he sucks as if he has no chance to ever be a good baseball player and add value to a team. His hitting has slumped, and time will only tell if he will start hitting better and balance out as at least an okay offensive piece. Defensively, he's very good...and that's something the Sox haven't had for a while at 3rd base. He's young, and this is his first full season at the MLB level. He's not a player we need to worry about right now as these team has a slew of problems. He may end up sucking and be a bust, but I'm willing to give him the time, especially considering the alternatives.

He sucks. I simply pointed that fact out to the portion of Soxtalkdom mouth breathers that s***s their pants over every week long stretch of non suckage.

See Balta's adorably hilarious post about Tyler Flowers' awful ass posting some nice numbers over a selective 10 game stretch.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 04:57 PM)
He sucks. I simply pointed that fact out to the portion of Soxtalkdom mouth breathers that s***s their pants over every week long stretch of non suckage.

See Balta's adorably hilarious post about Tyler Flowers' awful ass posting some nice numbers over a selective 10 game stretch.

Like I said steve, just shut the f*** up. This is what happens when teams try to develop players.

"OMG someone is actually struggling! You know what would be great, if I decided to be a complete jerk and call everyone who thinks this guy might have any talent "Mouth breathers"! That'll be f***ing awesome! I'll be a big man then!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)
Like I said steve, just shut the f*** up. This is what happens when teams try to develop players.

"OMG someone is actually struggling! You know what would be great, if I decided to be a complete jerk and call everyone who thinks this guy might have any talent "Mouth breathers"! That'll be f***ing awesome! I'll be a big man then!

You "shut up". You're being petty and very un-Balta just because you posted something stupid. It's ok. I've been there before, man. I posted a guarantee that LBJ wouldn't sign with the Heat! I did that!

That said, your post was stupid! There's a difference between impatient with "developing prospects" and calling a non-prospect, 27-year old a bad player.

Tyler Flowers is not a prospect, and your post was stupid. It would behoove you to stop defending it.

Also, Conor Gillaspie sucks.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 05:06 PM)
You "shut up". You're being petty and very un-Balta just because you posted something stupid. It's ok. I've been there before, man. I posted a guarantee that LBJ wouldn't sign with the Heat! I did that!

That said, your post was stupid! There's a difference between "developing prospects" and calling a non-prospect, 27-year old a bad player.

Tyler Flowers is not a prospect, and your post was stupid. It would behoove you to stop defending it.

Also, Conor Gillaspie sucks.

Tyler Flowers is exactly the kind of player the White Sox are going to have to develop into a useful piece if they want to rebuild rapidly. He has obvious major holes in his game (strikeouts) but also has a major tool to offset it (power).

He's cheap, has limited major league experience, and there's genuine reasons to think he can become better if given playing time. It's also not unexpected that he's struggling at first.

That's exactly the kind of prospect the Sox can and should be trying to develop.

And yes, he's a prospect. He's a guy who doesn't have a lot of big league experience and can possibly improve with time. Almost by definition that's a prospect.

Tyler Flowers is a prospect who the Sox are seeing if they can get anything out of. Conor Gillaspie is a 25 year old who put up decent but not spectacular numbers in AAA and earned a shot at the big leagues.

Your entire set of posts here suck. All you're doing is calling names and throwing s*** out. It's just trolling. You have zero urge to actually discuss anything, you just want to call names.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 04:11 PM)
Tyler Flowers is exactly the kind of player the White Sox are going to have to develop into a useful piece if they want to rebuild rapidly. He has obvious major holes in his game (strikeouts) but also has a major tool to offset it (power).

Stupid. You can't apply a blanket statement like that to such a terrible player. He's 27. He's bad. He's regressing. He can't play defense. Blanket statements like this are the worst - all players are different. In this case, Tyler Flowers is a definitively bad player.

He's cheap, has limited major league experience, and there's genuine reasons to think he can become better if given playing time. It's also not unexpected that he's struggling at first.

Bad is bad. Adam Dunn is bad. Tyler Flowers is bad. I offer no alternative, because they have none. But mindlessly hoping and praying for him to magically become something he's not (good) is moronic.

That's exactly the kind of prospect the Sox can and should be trying to develop.

Bad ones? You're a f***ing idiot.

And yes, he's a prospect. He's a guy who doesn't have a lot of big league experience and can possibly improve with time. Almost by definition that's a prospect.

Look mom! I'm a prospect, too!

Tyler Flowers is a prospect who the Sox are seeing if they can get anything out of. Conor Gillaspie is a 25 year old who put up decent but not spectacular numbers in AAA and earned a shot at the big leagues.

And they are both bad prospects and provide very little hope for the future. You, however, love to grasp at straws and have done so. Congratulations on latching onto bad defense T-Flo and his .900 something OPS over a few games.

Your entire set of posts here suck. All you're doing is calling names and throwing s*** out. It's just trolling. You have zero urge to actually discuss anything, you just want to call names.

Eh, read my posts. The only person I'm calling names is you because you turned into a big badass all the sudden because you felt like and idiot. As I said previously, we all make mistakes. It's best to just admit you're wrong and move along.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 05:21 PM)
Eh, read my posts. The only person I'm calling names is you because you turned into a big badass all the sudden because you felt like and idiot. As I said previously, we all make mistakes. It's best to just admit you're wrong and move along.

Except of course anyone wh o disagrees with you. And a whole lot of players too.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 31, 2013 -> 09:33 AM)
Every year it's the same thing with the Soxtalk Meatheads, yes the SOXTALK MEATHEADS, I have defined you. You adopt some crap player on the roster and act like he's better than he really is or is finally figuring it out or just needs more time. We're not even including players like Gordon Beckham and Dayan Viciedo that you SOXTALK MEATHEADS refuse to see for what they are.

Conor Gillaspie is the latest in a long line of scrubs who got a couple hits and you SOXTALK MEATHEADS adorned our great solution. Now there's a thread in which people discuss claiming another turd Juan Francisco and "the one thing we don't need is a solid hitting lefty 3B". Yeah, because that's Conor Gillaspie. jack.gif

Listen, this is baseball. Very rarely does a player like Gillaspie get released and all the sudden figure it out with a new ballclub. Conor Gillaspie is the 2013 Danny Richar. You will realize he sucks balls soon enough.

Oh, his OPS for the month of May is .672.

Moving forward, when I read something silly about a garbage player wearing the pale hose that is ridiculous, I will be replying to the poster declaring them to be a SOXTALK MEATHEAD.

You've been warned.

Yes, that's right Steve, you haven't called anyone names. It's best to just admit you're wrong and move along.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 04:23 PM)
Except of course anyone wh o disagrees with you. And a whole lot of players too.

Yes, that's right Steve, you haven't called anyone names. It's best to just admit you're wrong and move along.

I only applied that label to ONE person.

However, you make it two, SOXTALK MEATHEAD.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 04:29 PM)
I only applied that label to ONE person.

However, you make it two, SOXTALK MEATHEAD.

I'm cool with that so long as the mods change the slogan under you name from "development arrested" to "beating the meathead" because then you'd be SoxTalk's official meathead beater & any meat you beat would be tenderized for a purpose far greater than the temporary satisfaction gained simply by saying "Conor Gillaspie sucks."

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 04:59 PM)
I'm cool with that so long as the mods change the slogan under you name from "development arrested" to "beating the meathead" because then you'd be SoxTalk's official meathead beater & any meat you beat would be tenderized for a purpose far greater than the temporary satisfaction gained simply by saying "Conor Gillaspie sucks."

I think "development arrested" clearly defines my spot in life as well as references my favorite show.

Although basing part of an argument on the fact that he was released (when he wasn't) and blocked behind a top five 3B in the majors...not sure where the logic is there.

Did Bobby Jenks suck in 2005 because he was released by the Angels?

Even if a player has been released, that's not a forever and ever indictment of said player.

Look at Jason Grilli, with the Pirates this season. Any team in baseball could have picked him up numerous times for nothing in the past decade.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 07:06 AM)
LOL. It's not like this is Tyler Flower's first cup of coffee. I'm more than happy to be patient with prospects that have promise. These turds the White Sox are serving us are not prospects.

Tyler Flowers is 27 years old, and even when he magically makes contact he is still pitiful behind home plate.

I was one of the few who adamantly stuck by Reed last season. I sucked Beckham's dong for years. I put Jose Quintana in a Superman cape for f***'s sake. Please tell me one worthwhile "prospect" I've poo poo'd.

You can't. You just happily lap up the s*** the White Sox put in front of you. You mindlessly waste your time on a guy like Flowers or Gillespie while the franchise goes down the s***ter and act like that makes you a good fan.

I'd say that makes you part of the problem.

Because the Sox are basing their moves off of what Balta posts? GMAB.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 01:46 PM)
Conor Gillaspie has posted a 687 OPS thus far in 2013. Granted its only 55 games but ...

We Sox fans complained about Joe Crede for his first 4 seasons.... and he never posted an OPS below 714 in those seasons (2004... which was his lowest OPS for a full time season).

Yes, Gillaspie sucks.

Different baseball era too. Everything has dropped since steroids were taken out to a large extent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 07:05 PM)
Different baseball era too. Everything has dropped since steroids were taken out to a large extent.

Regardless if this was the dead ball, juice ball, or corpseball era, he's a terrible player. I agree with anyone who states he's hardly the problem as the team collectively is garbage, but I believe we're all capable of spreading our hatred of this offense around to everyone evenly.

I hate when I have to be the voice of reason aka the smartest person on the board. To the mods, did steve share with you naked pics of his so called hot wife? How is this clown able to get away with calling Balta (who I just about never agree with but respect as a poster) a f***ing idiot and not get suspended? He did it to me but I let it go because he's just so lame to me (my sources said Rose is playing tonight!). He's like the k-mart version of Brandofan yet I get more s*** for saying Kobe is a better binge scorer (he is) than Michael Jordan was. Felix and qwerty, the two smartest people to ever live, told me what a f***ing dumbass he was. But I see it now. If this moron is able to call people names, mock them, etc, then I will be forced to unleash my fury (I've held back for a while now) on all of PHT. Thank you for you time.

The latest page or so of posts in this thread illustrates well why the "smartest" Soxtalk members post so rarely. I'll give Soxtalk this: when something happens that impacts our favorite team, it typically appears here first. So this site's members include some well-connected people. And for that, I visit (depending on the time of year) between several times per day to several times per week. That said, there are just too many jackasses who want to use this site's threads for their own cyber barfights. I wish they would go the way of their demigod, Mike North, and disappear.

Edited by buckweaver

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 02:46 AM)
I hate when I have to be the voice of reason aka the smartest person on the board. To the mods, did steve share with you naked pics of his so called hot wife? How is this clown able to get away with calling Balta (who I just about never agree with but respect as a poster) a f***ing idiot and not get suspended? He did it to me but I let it go because he's just so lame to me (my sources said Rose is playing tonight!). He's like the k-mart version of Brandofan yet I get more s*** for saying Kobe is a better binge scorer (he is) than Michael Jordan was. Felix and qwerty, the two smartest people to ever live, told me what a f***ing dumbass he was. But I see it now. If this moron is able to call people names, mock them, etc, then I will be forced to unleash my fury (I've held back for a while now) on all of PHT. Thank you for you time.

You should just unleash your fury anyway, it's not like there's much else to talk about this year baseball wise.

IIRC one of the longest threads here in the last few months was Marty34's gem "Among Other Things I'm Not A Racist." And what an event that was. For one I stayed out, made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

I like heated discussions. Steve has always been Steve and I don't believe he's being malicious as much as that's just his style of posting. Think of it like a pitcher tapping the mound 3 times before pitching. If Steve deviates from that, then by all means, call a balk. =)