Angels @ Sox

Heads22

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting that Dunn all of a sudden mysteriously is benched against a LHP when a Sunday Night ESPN game shows up on the schedule.

BTW, can someone post whatever interesting/insightful comments the ESPN crew makes, since there's no way for me to access it...probably the story will be 95% about "what's wrong with the Angels?"

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2013 -> 07:17 PM)
Very interesting that Dunn all of a sudden mysteriously is benched against a LHP when a Sunday Night ESPN game shows up on the schedule.

BTW, can someone post whatever interesting/insightful comments the ESPN crew makes, since there's no way for me to access it...probably the story will be 95% about "what's wrong with the Angels?"

If we're gonna see the Dunn from 2011 all season then we are going to sit him sit vs. Lefties more and more. Regardless of it being a national tv game.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 12, 2013 -> 06:20 PM)
If we're gonna see the Dunn from 2011 all season then we are going to sit him sit vs. Lefties more and more. Regardless of it being a national tv game.

Just hasn't happened many times yet this season. Maybe once or twice?

I'm sure Ventura/Hahn want to take the focus off Dunn's struggles, though. To shield him as much as possible...especially from widespread booing when everyone who watches Sunday Night baseball is tuning in.

Sale getting back to his more customary ERA territory.

Take away the CLE start where he got rocked, he's been very good, just not quite as dominating as the start of 2012. Plus, our offense sucks, so that's hurting his opportunities to pick up wins, or the bullpen recently.

Edited by caulfield12

That was very anticlimactic.....and what the heck was McEwing doing sending Wells right there? I guess one might not want to leave it up to Greene, but it didn't feel like we needed to be that aggressive right there.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 12, 2013 -> 06:30 PM)
That was one of the worst send calls I have ever seen.

Everything is mushrooming/snowballing.

The team's so desperate for runs, it's causing McEwing to get way too aggressive, knowing the odds of putting together 3 hits in an inning is about 5% at best.

And it's not like Greene hasn't been able to hit this year. It's his fielding that is causing the most problems.

Edited by caulfield12