Angels @ Sox

Heads22

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2013 -> 07:33 PM)
Everything is mushrooming/snowballing.

The team's so desperate for runs, it's causing McEwing to get way too aggressive, knowing the odds of putting together 3 hits in an inning is about 5% at best.

And it's not like Greene hasn't been able to hit this year. It's his fielding that is causing the most problems.

Very true not a good situation right now with this team.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 12, 2013 -> 06:45 PM)
Kruk didn't even make it until the end of the season.

And they said nothing meaningful about Dunn.

just said that he and Konerko have to produce for the Sox to be better,

How about analyzing what is wrong with Dunn -- and whether he might not be able to fix it?

I think we're expecting way too much out of ESPN.

Kruk, as a fellow lefty, SHOULD have more to say about the topic, but he's probably going soft on Dunn because fellow and ex-players have a lot of sympathy for guys in that situation, being careful not to criticize. The same thing happens on the PGA Tour when someone completely disappears, like, say, David Duval.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 12, 2013 -> 06:45 PM)
Kruk didn't even make it until the end of the season.

And they said nothing meaningful about Dunn.

just said that he and Konerko have to produce for the Sox to be better,

How about analyzing what is wrong with Dunn -- and whether he might not be able to fix it?

I think we're expecting way too much out of ESPN.

Kruk, as a fellow lefty, SHOULD have more to say about the topic, but he's probably going soft on Dunn because fellow and ex-players have a lot of sympathy for guys in that situation, being careful not to criticize. The same thing happens on the PGA Tour when someone completely disappears, like, say, David Duval.

Wilson is such a laborer out there. Always falls behind. Goes deep in the counts. The fact that he's sitting on 33 pitches at this point is pathetic. I've seen three different starts where he had 33 pitches in the first inning.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2013 -> 07:46 PM)
I can't remember if Dale Sveum also played briefly for the Sox that year...1995.

At any rate, back to our old offense again.

Chris Sale National ESPN Showcase. There's that to be proud of, at least, for Sox fans.

He played with Sox in 92

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 12, 2013 -> 06:53 PM)
Wilson is such a laborer out there. Always falls behind. Goes deep in the counts. The fact that he's sitting on 33 pitches at this point is pathetic. I've seen three different starts where he had 33 pitches in the first inning.

Verlander had 110 in 5 innings yesterday against the Tribe, the same team that gave Sale the most trouble this year.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 12, 2013 -> 06:53 PM)

Verlander had 110 in 5 innings yesterday against the Tribe, the same team that gave Sale the most trouble this year.