AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!

Heads22

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 13, 2013 -> 06:59 AM)
Was at the game, of course my dad mentions the perfect game before that inning :(

Awesome game by Sale, I've been fortunate enough that this is the 3rd time now I've seen Sale pitch and its been a gem every time.

If it is a proximity thing, then mine means nothing, but I was mentioning the perfect game before the 6th inning.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:02 AM)
If it is a proximity thing, then mine means nothing, but I was mentioning the perfect game before the 6th inning.

Ha, I'll still blame my dad.

Also, anyone know Tyler Greene's walk up music? I had no idea what that was.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 13, 2013 -> 03:49 AM)
Unfortunately, some other people have seriously suggested this idea.

I don't understand this. No one is suggesting Chris Sale isn't a valuable commodity. There is a deal that would benefit the Sox involving Sale, it's just extremely unlikely.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 13, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
I don't understand this. No one is suggesting Chris Sale isn't a valuable commodity. There is a deal that would benefit the Sox involving Sale, it's just extremely unlikely.

He's one of the very few that could affect ticket sales by departing - not only because we'd be a worse team, but yeah, people will actually come out to see him.

That being said, there's absolutely no way he can be dealt. None.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 13, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)

Sale for Trout?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2013 -> 11:49 PM)
Then there's literally no reason for anyone to keep talking about Dealing Sale like it's a good idea.

Harper, Trout and Machado are the 3 hitters that I would trade Sale for, no questions asked. As good as Kershaw is, Sale is going to make a lot less money than him for the next 5 years.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)
Harper, Trout and Machado are the 3 hitters that I would trade Sale for, no questions asked. As good as Kershaw is, Sale is going to make a lot less money than him for the next 5 years.

And since this type of deal will not happen, we need to get the guy who keeps saying "Tear it down and build for 2017" to stop saying so.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2013 -> 10:55 PM)
And since this type of deal will not happen, we need to get the guy who keeps saying "Tear it down and build for 2017" to stop saying so.

Yep, Sale is the type of player you build around. I totally get the argument for trading Peavy in that he will most likely be off the roster by the time you are competitive again with the Tigers. However, the same is not true with Sale. If you build your team around a stable of Sale/Santiago/Quintana, it makes it a lot easier to use your resources on offense.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 13, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)

Listen Marty, I respect your baseball knowledge, but I've got to completely disagree here. Sale is a legit #1 starter with Cy Young caliber stuff. If your goal is to win a World Series at any point in the future, you build around an ace. There is no other position on a 25 man roster harder to fill and it's by far the most valuable position in the postseason.

I get the "no player is untradable" perspective, but unless someone is going to give you a pitching prospect with a 75% chance or better of becoming an ace, then you really can't afford to move Sale. And if some team was willing to make such a move, a red flag would immedietely go off in my mind that I'm getting damaged goods. Teams just don't trade pitching prospects with #1 stuff anymore.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2013 -> 05:55 PM)

So not every trade for Sale makes them a worse team.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 13, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
Listen Marty, I respect your baseball knowledge, but I've got to completely disagree here. Sale is a legit #1 starter with Cy Young caliber stuff. If your goal is to win a World Series at any point in the future, you build around an ace. There is no other position on a 25 man roster harder to fill and it's by far the most valuable position in the postseason.

I get the "no player is untradable" perspective, but unless someone is going to give you a pitching prospect with a 75% chance or better of becoming an ace, then you really can't afford to move Sale. And if some team was willing to make such a move, a red flag would immedietely go off in my mind that I'm getting damaged goods. Teams just don't trade pitching prospects with #1 stuff anymore.

You would not trade Sale for Trout or Harper?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 13, 2013 -> 05:13 PM)

Irrelevant. They have to keep Trout, he's one of their few affordable younger players. He's stuck, for now. And they wouldn't trade him in a million years unless he was damaged goods, same with Harper in WASH. Those are franchise, once a generation players/superstars.

Chris Sale is an ace, but he's not the type of player that will draw 5-7500 additional fans to see him whenever he pitches.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 13, 2013 -> 06:13 PM)

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
Never advocated trading Sale.

Then stop. You are being argumentative to be argumentative.