Sox @ Twins

Heads22

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 13, 2013 -> 04:56 PM)
That there's American League power.

There's a fair amount of power there, but that's about it. Not much speed, no on base ability, no good average bats...

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2013 -> 06:03 PM)
Personally, I would have chosen tomorrow to be the day Konerko gets off and Dunn plays. Hernandez has been blasted by righties all year while he's dominated lefties.

Seems like too many times this season the guys are getting the wrong days off. Like Flowers should have gotten a day off Saturday with the Sox facing lefties the next couple of games after that. Konerko struggling and sits against a super hittable lefty who might get him going a little bit...while Dunn plays and will probably have no shot tonight.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2013 -> 06:43 PM)
With the amount of time he is a DH, there must be something going on with him. I know he had a back issue.

Yeah, he's been at DH a ton this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:03 PM)
Personally, I would have chosen tomorrow to be the day Konerko gets off and Dunn plays. Hernandez has been blasted by righties all year while he's dominated lefties.

Robin went to the Pete Rose management school?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 14, 2013 -> 12:43 AM)
With the amount of time he is a DH, there must be something going on with him. I know he had a back issue.

It really does seem as if this could end up being his last year in baseball.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 13, 2013 -> 06:57 PM)
Is gillaspie still sick? Otherwise I'd much rather see him at 1B then Dunn against LHP. Conor is no great shakes against LHP, but his glove is miles better than Dunn's and at this point, his bat probably is too.

Yes, he is.

Read this in CBS's game preview:

"Chicago hasn't scored more than seven runs in a game, has the fewest hits (265) and worst on-base percentage (.280) in the majors and ranks last in the AL in batting average (.227) and runs (120)."

Sigh. We need to change that. Hopefully Dayan helps.