Sox @ Twins

Heads22

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm searching for a logical explanation as to why he was basically fine last year and he's looking far worse than 2011 so far this year. The approach change made sense early, but he has clearly abandoned that

QUOTE (Jake @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:32 PM)
I'm searching for a logical explanation as to why he was basically fine last year and he's looking far worse than 2011 so far this year. The approach change made sense early, but he has clearly abandoned that

He's in his head like the rest of these mental midgets.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:32 PM)

Look at his splits last year. He had a nice 1/3 of the season to start then basically went back to being s***. Even with all those HRs he was still basically a 1 WAR player because of his s*** defense, playing DH, s*** baserunning and s*** (for a DH) OBP.

he's had two nice months as a Sox. The rest of the time he has been complete and utter garbage. How his string hasn't run out,well, we got 16 or so million reasons why I guess.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:37 PM)
Look at his splits last year. He had a nice 1/3 of the season to start then basically went back to being s***. Even with all those HRs he was still basically a 1 WAR player because of his s*** defense, playing DH, s*** baserunning and s*** (for a DH) OBP.

he's had two nice months as a Sox. The rest of the time he has been complete and utter garbage. How his string hasn't run out,well, we got 16 or so million reasons why I guess.

He was a major league baseball player all of last year. I realize his play dropped off especially late with that oblique business, but he wasn't this negative WAR player

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:37 PM)

+1. Good stuff chi

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:42 PM)
Ozzie Guillen...wait, he's gone...uh....Greg Walker...

I got nothing.

Right. I don't know how to explain it. All those Chicago nightlife attractions? Bad luck?

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:46 PM)
This team's approach at the plate is an absolute disgrace to baseball.

Actually the lack of talent in the line-up is what's an absolute disgrace to baseball...

Hmmm...wonder how long Hicks has before he's sent down?

The AA to the majors jump is a huge one.

As to an earlier comment about not taking more pitches and being too aggressive against Wilson...well, Sale had one of the lower pitch counts of his career, against what was supposed to be one of the best offenses in baseball.

Edited by caulfield12