Sox @ Twins

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:16 PM)
My gosh this defense is atrocious. Should have been an easy 6-4-3 DP.

It would have been a real nice DP, but he made half of the hard part just by getting there

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
This is the worst defensive team I've ever seen for the White Sox. Not only do they make a ton of errors, but they also make horrible decisions that don't show up in errors.

UZR's ARM rating covers that

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2013 -> 02:17 AM)
It would have been a real nice DP, but he made half of the hard part just by getting there

Oh give me a break. He had to barely move to get there, and had plenty of time to flip it with his hand to Greene.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2013 -> 02:18 AM)
UZR's ARM rating covers that

How does it take into account Flowers almost throwing one into the outfield when there's no play on the runner or Rios short hopping the catcher from about 180 feet out?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
This is the worst defensive team I've ever seen for the White Sox. Not only do they make a ton of errors, but they also make horrible decisions that don't show up in errors.

The 2013 Sox have something like the third-best ERA in all of baseball right now.

And they're in last place.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 13, 2013 -> 09:20 PM)
No way he could have stopped Morneau getting to 3rd, not sure what you're alluding to. Hector is just dumb pitching to Plouffe there. f***ing Dunn in the 1st still pissing me off.

Lob throw to the cutoff man? De Aza killing us

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:20 PM)
How does it take into account Flowers almost throwing one into the outfield when there's no play on the runner or Rios short hopping the catcher from about 180 feet out?

If the baserunner gets an extra base the defense is held accountable

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:20 PM)
No way he could have stopped Morneau getting to 3rd, not sure what you're alluding to. Hector is just dumb pitching to Plouffe there. f***ing Dunn in the 1st still pissing me off.

Allowed runner from 1st to go to 2nd is what I am talking about.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2013 -> 02:21 AM)
If the baserunner gets an extra base the defense is held accountable

And I said they make horrible decisions that don't show up in errors, which doesn't always mean a runner advances an extra base.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:23 PM)
And I said they make horrible decisions that don't show up in errors, which doesn't always mean a runner advances an extra base.

If the other team gains nothing, then it can't be much of a mistake?