Sox @ Twins

Heads22

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2013 -> 10:04 PM)
THE BULLPEN ROOKIES.

Jones might not even last this entire season. We'll see.

We kept saying how we were the first team to be in first place with 11 different rookie pitchers or whatever the number was...well, most of them aren't a factor any longer.

Dude, 3 of them are in a very good rotation. 1 is the closer and the other is a set up man even if he's struggling. What in the hell do you want?

QUOTE (flavum @ May 14, 2013 -> 03:17 AM)
Firing him.

He just hasn't been able to put an end to the collapse from last season. It's just been a downward spiral, and now it is starting to seem like the Sox will be in the market for a new manager after this season. Knowing the Sox, they'll probably just make Konerko the manager if he retires.

No wonder the Sox lost. Dunn played. He can turn any given lineup into a bunch of zombies. He's hitting .133 on the season. I think he'd be more valuable to the team and start earning his money if he was sent to the minors or put on the DL. His appearance in the lineup just kills this team.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2013 -> 02:46 AM)
As Hawk just said, "right now, we're just not a good team"

We should all be thankful Ventura didn't sign an extension and this is PK's final season under contract.

This should be remembered when people call Hawk a raging "homer." Not many announcers would say something like that in this day and age of PR, sell tickets, announcing.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 14, 2013 -> 03:26 AM)
I can't recall being so indifferent about a Sox team. I rarely even check the box scores anymore. *yawn*

The 5-9 record against the Central is interesting. Sox getting owned by its closest neighbors again.

Weird but I would actually call this progress. Despite his 3-run error Lexi's bat seems to be coming around, and so does De Aza's and maybe even Flowers. Get Gillaspie back in the lineup along with Viciedo...I don't know why, but I feel like this slump is ending.

Of course it doesn't mean a thing if the fielding continues to blow chunks.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 13, 2013 -> 10:43 PM)

What can he possibly have in mind?

EDIT:

RV on sox miscues:"Eventually you get to that point where you don’t pay attention to what’s going on, we’ll find somebody else to do it.” -- Gonzo

Probably talking about benching.

Edited by Knuckles

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 13, 2013 -> 10:49 PM)
What can he possibly have in mind?

EDIT:

RV on sox miscues:"Eventually you get to that point where you don’t pay attention to what’s going on, we’ll find somebody else to do it.” -- Gonzo

Probably talking about benching.

Who could he be talking about though? The worst offenders defensively are our best hitters

QUOTE (Jake @ May 13, 2013 -> 10:51 PM)
Who could he be talking about though? The worst offenders defensively are our best hitters

Flowers? His head isn't in the game. Ramirez booted that ball, but it was no routine play and probably shouldn't have been an error.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 13, 2013 -> 10:56 PM)
Flowers? His head isn't in the game. Ramirez booted that ball, but it was no routine play and probably shouldn't have been an error.

Flowers is probably the easiest player to bench in that he isn't hitting or playing D.

Dunn isn't hitting well and hasn't played D, but he made a couple of plus defensive plays tonight.

Lets play this through the Ozzie Guillen Megaf***er 6000...

Robin: "Eventually you get to that point where you don’t pay attention to what’s going on, we’ll find somebody else to do it.”

Ozzie: These motherf***ers don't give a s***? Fine. I find somebody give a s***. f*** this s***.