Sox @ Twins

Heads22

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:25 PM)
Haha, are you even watching this game?

The other team didn't gain anything on Rios's bad throw. Who cares? No stat should ever reflect that he made a bad-ish throw that harmed nobody and helped nobody.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2013 -> 02:26 AM)
The other team didn't gain anything on Rios's bad throw. Who cares? No stat should ever reflect that he made a bad-ish throw that harmed nobody and helped nobody.

Bad baseball is bad baseball. You keeping making fundamental mistakes, and it comes back to bite you. The stats will show one error that inning when really there were 4 terrible decisions made by a team that couldn't be playing dumber this season. I know your article today tried to say the defense isn't as bad as the error totals make it seem, but the bottom of the 3rd is a reason why it might possibly be even worse.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:28 PM)
Bad baseball is bad baseball. You keeping making fundamental mistakes, and it comes back to bite you. The stats will show one error that inning when really there were 4 terrible decisions made by a team that couldn't be playing dumber this season. I know your article today tried to say the defense isn't as bad as the error totals make it seem, but the bottom of the 3rd is a reason why it might possibly be even worse.

I also said that preventable poor defensive play is pretty the main constituent of issue, so we're basically on the same page

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
Ramirez and DeAza ensuring they are not part of the long-range plans.

Alexei, in particular, needs to be shopped around in the coming weeks.

De Aza should not be in the June plans.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:29 PM)
I also said that preventable poor defensive play is pretty the main constituent of issue, so we're basically on the same page

The problem is when does it simply become "who they are," part of their identity?

Like last year, the good hitting with RISP lasted as a trend for 4 1/2 months.

Bring back Camp Cora, haha.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:33 PM)
The problem is when does it simply become "who they are," part of their identity?

Like last year, the good hitting with RISP lasted as a trend for 4 1/2 months.

Bring back Camp Cora, haha.

Well I suppose that was the other part of my article. This team over the past several years has been one that doesn't commit errors. Players like Alexei don't have a track record of negative ErrR as part of their UZR. Something has changed/this is one hell of a statistical anomaly

QUOTE (Jake @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:32 PM)
Leading the offense in WAR

The tallest midget in the beauty pageant.

Seriously, if you were an opposing GM, and had watched his K's, low OBP and horrendous defense all season long....what would you give up for him?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:33 PM)
Wow he might as well be the tallest midget who cares offense sucks.

I should say most of his WAR value comes from his baserunning and defense, but he's far from the biggest problem here. 28 year old CF who can bat his weight, I'm looking elsewhere for a target of my angst

QUOTE (Jake @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:35 PM)
I should say most of his WAR value comes from his baserunning and defense, but he's far from the biggest problem here. 28 year old CF who can bat his weight, I'm looking elsewhere for a target of my angst

He is not the biggest problem but he is in the team picture. K's way too much and defense is not good at all.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Jake @ May 13, 2013 -> 09:32 PM)
Leading the offense in WAR

Does that include the runs he's given back with the bonehead plays and bad defense and baseball sense overall? It seems we're trying to justify what can't be justified that is bad play

QUOTE (Jake @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:35 PM)

29 and he doesn't really want to play CF.  With a lot of wear and tear.  And possibly 2 years older.