Sox @ Twins

Heads22

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoshPR @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:39 PM)
Does that include the runs he's given back with the bonehead plays and bad defense and baseball sense overall? It seems we're trying to justify what can't be justified that is bad play

And Rios isn't exactly distinguishing himself either so far on defense.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:39 PM)
Does that include the runs he's given back with the bonehead plays and bad defense and baseball sense overall? It seems we're trying to justify what can't be justified that is bad play

UZR would say that his range, etc. has contributed more positive value than his boneheadedness has subtracted value. He also usually is close to leading the league in baserunning runs added so that does push up his WAR number

QUOTE (Jake @ May 13, 2013 -> 09:35 PM)
I should say most of his WAR value comes from his baserunning and defense, but he's far from the biggest problem here. 28 year old CF who can bat his weight, I'm looking elsewhere for a target of my angst

Problem is he's a center fielder cause the sox put him there, he clearly has stated he ain't confortable there

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:40 PM)
29 and he doesn't really want to play CF.  With a lot of wear and tear.  And possibly 2 years older.

Possibly 2 years older? Why does your font look like that?

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2013 -> 02:41 AM)
UZR would say that his range, etc. has contributed more positive value than his boneheadedness has subtracted value. He also usually is close to leading the league in baserunning runs added so that does push up his WAR number

I truly hate defensive metrics. De Aza has been awful on defense all season, yet there's actually a stat that says he's played well??

QUOTE (Jake @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:41 PM)

And you would trade a Top 100 prospect from the BA list for him?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)
And Rios isn't exactly distinguishing himself either so far on defense.

None of them are, I agree 100 %

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:42 PM)
I truly hate defensive metrics. De Aza has been awful on defense all season, yet there's actually a stat that says he's played well??

He has been one of the worst in baseball this year.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:42 PM)
Possibly 2 years older? Why does your font look like that?

I hit the wrong button on Chinese computer (normally it's spaced out for this typing in Mandarin characters, haha). Can't get it back to normal setting for some reason.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:42 PM)

Well -- any proponent of UZR would say to take it with a ginormous grain of salt with so few plays out there so far this season. On the other hand, his numbers for this season aren't a ton different than what he's posted throughout his career.

This metric is based on a human rating each individual play with video review.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:44 PM)
I hit the wrong button on Chinese computer (normally it's spaced out for this typing in Mandarin characters, haha). Can't get it back to normal setting for some reason.

lol

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 13, 2013 -> 07:47 PM)
100 pitches Santiago

Par for the course when your defense keeps extending innings.

I always kind of liked Pedro Hernandez. He was pretty redundant in our system, but he has the makings of a back of rotation pitcher if things go well for him. Such a Twins pitcher.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2013 -> 01:52 AM)
I always kind of liked Pedro Hernandez. He was pretty redundant in our system, but he has the makings of a back of rotation pitcher if things go well for him. Such a Twins pitcher.

He sucks, I hope the Twins keep him in the rotation forever.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:52 PM)
Stone completely dissecting Hernandez, "Not much of a fastball and if you look at his other stuff, it doesn't seem to be doing much."

Yet so called brass in dugout has no clue.