5/15 White Sox @ Twins, 12:10 WGN

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox have proven they can hit, it's just a few rally killers who disrupt the flow of things that are the culprits. Kepp and Dunn come to mind as they are both below .200! T-Flo seems to be coming around albeit against garbage pitching but still, the Sox have good pitching and if they can tweak their offense just a bit they can do well. Call it blind optimism but we'll see.

The anemic offense has nothing to do with Tyler Flowers. Compared to other catchers in the league he is fine.

It is the leadoff hitter and $28M combo of slow white 1B/DH that are killing this team along with the $3M platoon player trying to play everyday.

Now go win one before heading out west.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 15, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)
The anemic offense has nothing to do with Tyler Flowers. Compared to other catchers in the league he is fine.

It is the leadoff hitter and $28M combo of slow white 1B/DH that are killing this team along with the $3M platoon player trying to play everyday.

Now go win one before heading out west.

This is true. Let us pray for regression!

I fail to see the real issue with the production out of the leadoff spot. It has been short of ideal, but I have to say it isn't a huge cause of concern for me.

Also, f*** those white 1B/DH!

QUOTE (Jake @ May 15, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)
I fail to see the real issue with the production out of the leadoff spot. It has been short of ideal, but I have to say it isn't a huge cause of concern for me.

Also, f*** those white 1B/DH!

Isn't that true for about 85% of the 1B/DH combos in the major leagues?

C'mon KONERKO.

Need to get a lead for Dylan.

Konerko claims he's healthy, FWIW.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2013 -> 12:25 PM)
Sigh.

No range from Keppinger.

14 game hitting streak for Mauer. Amazing, but his career best is ONLY 16. You would have thought it would be 20-30 games.

Running into a lefty starter every few days has probably made it difficult for him to keep up a hit streak