5/22 Games

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2013 -> 12:36 PM)
Pretty cool to see Stetson Allie putting up monster numbers with the bat.

That's crazy. When I played against him, they never let him bat at all. Control on the hill was dangerous-bad back then, too

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 22, 2013 -> 03:18 PM)
Micah Johnson caught twice stealing third base today. I would like to know what's his stl % on third base this season. From what we read before, he uses the regular lead instead of the walking lead when stealing third base.

How would you use a walking lead from 2nd? The only time I've ever seen anyone use a walking lead is when the pitcher is in the wind-up...

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ May 22, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)
How would you use a walking lead from 2nd? The only time I've ever seen anyone use a walking lead is when the pitcher is in the wind-up...

I've seen video. At 2nd, he starts a walking lead, then reaches a point and sort of walks paces in place, facing the pitcher. From 1st it is a similar thing, but he is facing 2nd base instead of the pitcher.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 22, 2013 -> 03:53 PM)
I've seen video. At 2nd, he starts a walking lead, then reaches a point and sort of walks paces in place, facing the pitcher. From 1st it is a similar thing, but he is facing 2nd base instead of the pitcher.

Is there a link to the video?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 22, 2013 -> 03:53 PM)

That's interesting. I'd like to see it. It sure seems to be working for him.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 22, 2013 -> 04:02 PM)
Is there a link to the video?

Nathaniel Stoltz from Beyond the Box Score posted it on YouTube, he has a whole channel on there with literally dozens if not hundreds of videos, many of them from Kanny or W-S games. Take a look there, or on Stoltz's twitter feed.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 22, 2013 -> 05:47 PM)
Nathaniel Stoltz from Beyond the Box Score posted it on YouTube, he has a whole channel on there with literally dozens if not hundreds of videos, many of them from Kanny or W-S games. Take a look there, or on Stoltz's twitter feed.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6-LJrkzCaCiNI2gXKQV02w