Sox vs Cubs game thread May 27, 2013

QUOTE (DukeofChicagoA1 @ May 28, 2013 -> 12:32 AM)
Alexei sucks. He's overrated. Anyone disagree?

I wouldn't say he sucks or is overrated. He's a bit above average, nothing special.

Kepp with the predictable double play. Why not go to right field there, Kepp? Lousy at bat.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2013 -> 06:55 PM)
It would be nice to see Connor batting 2nd with that line drive bat he has.

Wouldn't mind getting him some more at bats, but god forbid we have two lefties to lead off.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 27, 2013 -> 06:54 PM)
Everything that has been written, inferred/implied....going from the best defense in the AL to the worst with almost the exact same line-up except for AJ/Flowers and Beckham's injury.

Many, many more fundamentals errors, missed cutoff men, base-running....it has been endemic, and a good explanation has never been provided, beyond the carryover effect from the last 6 weeks of 2012.

How else can you explain it?

Farmer saying more Cubs fans there than Sox fans by the sounds coming from the crowd on the DP. From the noise, you would have thought the throw got away or went into the stands, but it was Cubs' fans cheering....

For one thing, their best defensive player is out. For another Adam Dunn is playing a lot more first base. Everything that has been reported says the Sox did the same stuff this year during spring training. Making up they were complacent is silly. I don't know how spring training has anything to do with Ramirez forgetting to cover a base. It is something he has to do and has done just about every game.

Edited by Dick Allen

Robin Ventura must be the manager of the century to have this team at .500. Or is starting pitching that important? I mean how the hell is this team .500 compared to the Royals, who are 6 or 7 under?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 27, 2013 -> 07:02 PM)
Robin Ventura must be the manager of the century to have this team at .500. Or is starting pitching that important? I mean how the hell is this team .500 compared to the Royals, who are 6 or 7 under?

Starting pitching, Crainer, Reed, Gillaspie and whichever other two members of the lineup decide to hit on a given day.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 27, 2013 -> 07:06 PM)
Agree,that was 100% on Ventura.

Yep. I have seen the light. Any shortcoming probably goes back to spring training, and even though I wasn't there, it is safe to assume they pretty mush spent their days swilling beers and not working on their games. Robin probably bought the beer.