Sox vs Cubs game thread May 27, 2013

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 27, 2013 -> 05:20 PM)
I agree with the above. So what position to we trade for though. If people believe that Gillaspie is the answer at 3B then I feel like we really need to add some power somewhere.

Power hitting outfielder? Makes sense but good luck trying to find a power hitting CFer cuz I don't think Tank or Rios are going anywhere soon. Same with Beckham, Alexei and maybe Conor. That leaves 1B and Catcher. 1B is a logjam of old s*** right now so that really just leaves catcher.

It looks like a position guy has to go along with the starter we trade here.

I was thinking bench and maybe relief pitching...but thats it.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 27, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
I agree with the above. So what position to we trade for though. If people believe that Gillaspie is the answer at 3B then I feel like we really need to add some power somewhere.

Power hitting outfielder? Makes sense but good luck trying to find a power hitting CFer cuz I don't think Tank or Rios are going anywhere soon. Same with Beckham, Alexei and maybe Conor. That leaves 1B and Catcher. 1B is a logjam of old s*** right now so that really just leaves catcher.

It looks like a position guy has to go along with the starter we trade here.

I was thinking along those lines also but we're not exactly overflowing with in demand position players. Kepp , DeAza, Beckham , Flowers I'm sure would all be available even Konerko if you don't mind the minor fan uprising. Ax, one of the above and a prospect for something useful but my forte isn't playing GM.

Granderson's been injured this year. He's 32 ,ton's of K's last year ,but huge power at least in Yankee Stadium. Chicago kid $15mill. this year but Free Agent in 2014. Might be worth a shot though a deal with an NL team always seems more likely.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Losing his control all of a sudden.

Seems like Konerko and Keppinger didn't pick up that ball off the bat.

Farmer said there's a tell when Quintana is throwing over to 1st.

Why was nobody covering 2B? SIGH.

Thought we'd fixed all these defensive miscues/mental mistakes. Ramirez was actually taking a step towards 3B. Somebody blew their coverage.

Should have been a strike 'em out, throw 'em out DP EASILY.

Another run on the White Sox defense. Then the next pitch was right down the middle. Lucky it didn't go out...luckily the topspin brought it down and made Soriano look silly for not running out of the box and posting up/posing for pictures.

Edited by caulfield12

Beyond the actual unearned runs, you can add at least another 10-12-14 that didn't show up in the box score but never should have scored.

Struck out the side, but with Quintana....sometimes....you prefer him to pitch to contact and keep his pitch count down instead of bringing the bullpen in during the 5th or 6th.

The main positive of that was that Soriano's ball didn't go out.

Edited by caulfield12