The yankee series

Bmr31

The upcoming yankee series really intriques me. Its a test against a very good team on the road. If im seeing this right, we have E LO, then COLON, then COTTS. If we get another solid performance from Cotts, i really like our chances in that series. :headbang

Well, the one thing is, we all know this team sucks plain and simple on the road...but the Yanks are a better road team than home team..so maybe both bads will cancel out :huh: we got a shot at 2 out of 3, but we need to be up 2 games before then, that way the series damage will be minimal

Because of the off day on Monday, Manuel has a choice. He could flipflop Cotts and Buehrle. I think that's what he'll do, and I would too. Nothing against Cotts, I just think he'll want to use his best against the Bronx Bombers.

Yeah me too. I caught my mistake before you posted, sorry.

Yasny is an acronym for "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet".

Who dod we have after NY?  Is it Detroit?  If so, I'd definitely flop MB and NC if there would still be 4 days off between MB's starts.

Yup, the tiggers.

Who dod we have after NY?  Is it Detroit?  If so, I'd definitely flop MB and NC if there would still be 4 days off between MB's starts.

Yup, the tiggers.

Then that is what I'd do. Cotts still walking to many to have him put runners on base against the Yanks. A couple of poorly timed dingers, and there's a game down the tubes.

Yup, the tiggers.

Then that is what I'd do. Cotts still walking to many to have him put runners on base against the Yanks. A couple of poorly timed dingers, and there's a game down the tubes.

Yep, the Bronx Bombers are definately a patient team that will make you pay big time for walks.

I still find it hard to believe that a young guy with not overpowering stuff can walk the # of guys Cotts can, and still stay focused and pitch around it...although it won't always be the case at the MLB level

What will be the case, is that he'll acheive command of his pitches and the walks will come down. But, he'll have the ability to not get gunshy with men on base. I like this kid. I think he's gonna be a good one.

yeah...been keeping an eye on him and Reed all year....Reed is doing some incredible stuff in AA..well, all levels for that matter...to hit .400 with the number of at bats he has, he could be on the fast track, hopefully he won't die in the graveyard of once great prospects known as Charlotte

I think Buehrle goes in the last game against the Yanks and Garland starts the series, then Cottsy gets plugged in game two. That will keep all of your starters (except Neal) on four days rest.

Don't be surprised to see Neal work an inning out of the bullpen in 3 or 4 days, if the rotation is changed that way.

I still find it hard to believe that a young guy with not overpowering stuff can walk the # of guys Cotts can, and still stay focused and pitch around it...although it won't always be the case at the MLB level

You're right. That's what has really impressed me about Neal. He remains focused even though he gives up about 5 walks an outing.

You don't see that often in young pitchers that don't have good control.

He is impressive, there's no doubt in my mind that he could be a great pitcher in the league for a very long time.

CWSOX45