Cubs vs Sox 1:20 PM

Kyyle23

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 29, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
He didn't even glove it. If you're a catcher you are suppose to get in front of it if you can't catch it.

Take your pick, is he lazy or just a terrible receiver?

So your criteria for a wild pitch must be very high . It was scored a WP and there really is no other way to score that pitch. And I have already said he isn't very good but I know a WP when I see one. Do some catchers after setting up inside block that, ? Sure but when you are 6'4 250 no.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2013 -> 03:55 PM)
I'd love to see them shake it up and move ADA down so he can continue to swing as aggressive as he has without his poor OBP hurting the team.

He hits a few homers and suddenly thinks he's a middle of the order run producer.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 29, 2013 -> 01:49 PM)
pretty clear what the book is on the sox: they'll chase breaking balls out of the zone.

Yea, about the only place the ump hasn't been generous in the strike zone is down and that's all I see our guys swinging and missing. I'm calling the pithces. Here comes the curve ball down, lay off it and they can't . If I know its coming shouldn't some of these guys ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 29, 2013 -> 03:58 PM)
Ackley was the second pick in the draft. Everyone on this board wants us to blow up the team so we can draft a guy like him.

He's basically the Gordon Beckham of the Pacific Northwest.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2013 -> 03:55 PM)
I'd love to see them shake it up and move ADA down so he can continue to swing as aggressive as he has without his poor OBP hurting the team.

I'd love to see them not swing at every pitch like Little Leaguers. Lineup order means nothing now.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ May 29, 2013 -> 10:01 PM)
I'd love to see them not swing at every pitch like Little Leaguers. Lineup order means nothing now.

Despite his ERA, Wood is probably the best match-up for the Sox tomorrow out of all the Cubs' pitchers. Wood doesn't throw nearly as many sliders/curves as their righty starters do.