Cubs vs Sox 1:20 PM

Kyyle23

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 29, 2013 -> 03:58 PM)
Ackley was the second pick in the draft. Everyone on this board wants us to blow up the team so we can draft a guy like him.

Are you watching this game? How is this team going to get you to the playoffs?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 29, 2013 -> 09:03 PM)
I keep hearing get rid get rid and doesnt mattter who we get back way too much from this supposedly knowledgeable Soxtalk crowd.

Which player is this in reference to? Personally, it would be a selling low if they get rid of De Aza after this year. The problem is if the organization just doesn't trust him in CF and wants to keep Viciedo in LF. If you bring in someone like Granderson to play CF, then you can shift De Aza to LF.

As far as a hitting mantra goes, Manto doesn't have one other than to treat each hitter as an individual instead of having them conform to a blanket philosophy.

"We have 12 hitters on a squad at one time and I have 12 different philosophies and basically every one of them is to be ready to hit and swing at a strike," Manto said. "I don't think it's anything more complicated than that. Sometimes my simplicity might be my demise because it isn't that complicated.

"If you're ready to hit and your total concentration is on the ball, 12 different hitters will do it 12 different ways and we run with it that way. There isn't one way to do it."

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 29, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
Judge a team off one game. Yeah, things aren't going great, but you don't sell the f***ing team off on May 29th. We have two months to figure that out. We are literally less than 2 games from the high point of this season.

This team has NO chance at making the playoffs reality has to set in at some point Sox fan or not.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2013 -> 02:05 PM)
Which player is this in reference to? Personally, it would be a selling low if they get rid of De Aza after this year. The problem is if the organization just doesn't trust him in CF and wants to keep Viciedo in LF. If you bring in someone like Granderson to play CF, then you can shift De Aza to LF.

De Aza Peavy, Jones, Viciedo, Ramirez , Beckham, Keppinger Dunn Konerko Thorton, Crain etc . I'm not talking just about the game thread just some of our blow it up geniuses who know what they don't want but not what they do want.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 29, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
Judge a team off one game. Yeah, things aren't going great, but you don't sell the f***ing team off on May 29th. We have two months to figure that out. We are literally less than 2 games from the high point of this season.

And no one has cried rebuild since the offseason. So not sure what you're referring to about May 29th.