Cubs vs Sox 1:20 PM

Kyyle23

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 29, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
It was only two games.

Yes, but, just when they had some positive momentum finally going, it's gone like that. Even if it didn't count, the Cubs got to Sale as well yesterday...

Oakland has won five in a row, and 10 of their last 11, including two in a row over a good Giants team.

If Oakland beats us up pretty good in those two series, we might be lucky to be at .500 at the end of June. A couple of days ago, it looked like 5-7-9-11 games over .500 was possible.

It's still POSSIBLE. But not without defense, enough offense and a decent bullpen (before Crain/Reed).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2013 -> 09:26 PM)
Just when the Sox get you to start liking them again, they tank against the Cubs. It's laughable.

Yep. Ten wins out of last fifteen is what Stone was talking about. We get shut down in game one of the four, rained out with a 2-0 deficit and then get bombed in game three. I am finding it difficult to be anything but negative and I don't like that, but losing to the Cubs for crying out loud

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 29, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)
Yep. Ten wins out of last fifteen is what Stone was talking about. We get shut down in game one of the four, rained out with a 2-0 deficit and then get bombed in game three. I am finding it difficult to be anything but negative and I don't like that, but losing to the Cubs for cryiny out loud

It's not the losses. It's HOW they're losing to the Cubs...

They've forgotten how to play baseball and regressed to the 6 games under .500 White Sox again.

Glad I fell asleep when the lead was 4-2 and woke up in the 9th or I would have been more upset. As it is now, even the Cubs aren't drawing 32,000 fans for these games on a beautiful early summer-ish day.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 29, 2013 -> 04:55 PM)
Yes, but, just when they had some positive momentum finally going, it's gone like that. Even if it didn't count, the Cubs got to Sale as well yesterday...

Oakland has won five in a row, and 10 of their last 11, including two in a row over a good Giants team.

If Oakland beats us up pretty good in those two series, we might be lucky to be at .500 at the end of June. A couple of days ago, it looked like 5-7-9-11 games over .500 was possible.

It's still POSSIBLE. But not without defense, enough offense and a decent bullpen (before Crain/Reed).

It wouldn't be White Sox baseball without that,

What's it like to see the Sox be the Cub's b****?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 29, 2013 -> 11:00 PM)
It's not the losses. It's HOW they're losing to the Cubs...

They've forgotten how to play baseball and regressed to the 6 games under .500 White Sox again.

Glad I fell asleep when the lead was 4-2 and woke up in the 9th or I would have been more upset. As it is now, even the Cubs aren't drawing 32,000 fans for these games on a beautiful early summer-ish day.

The first play on the batter of the bottom of the first set the stage

If they had actually played the rain outs, this team's record could have been in worse shape. What pisses me off more than losing to the Cubs is the fact that the minor league "talent" that the White Sox has is not very exciting save for a few exceptions that won't see playing time until September. I'd rather see Phegley and Troncoso out there as opposed to Flowers and Omogrosso. The Sox don't owe the fans All-Star caliber players via trades or free agent signings, but it would be nice to see some excitement and noise made in the minor leagues. After all, they will need to adjust with Konerko inevitably departing, Dunn leaving after 2014 (thank god) and the possible Peavy and Rios trade. I'd rather look like the Oakland A's of old as opposed to the crap they are putting out there now. And I'll still show up to the games even if they suck ass because I love baseball.

Bottom line, today sucked. Hopefully Peavy pitches lights out and I don't have to hear more s*** from the assclown Cubs fans tomorrow.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ May 29, 2013 -> 05:09 PM)
If they had actually played the rain outs, this team's record could have been in worse shape. What pisses me off more than losing to the Cubs is the fact that the minor league "talent" that the White Sox has is not very exciting save for a few exceptions that won't see playing time until September. I'd rather see Phegley and Troncoso out there as opposed to Flowers and Omogrosso. The Sox don't owe the fans All-Star caliber players via trades or free agent signings, but it would be nice to see some excitement and noise made in the minor leagues. After all, they will need to adjust with Konerko inevitably departing, Dunn leaving after 2014 (thank god) and the possible Peavy and Rios trade. I'd rather look like the Oakland A's of old as opposed to the crap they are putting out there now. And I'll still show up to the games even if they suck ass because I love baseball.

Bottom line, today sucked. Hopefully Peavy pitches lights out and I don't have to hear more s*** from the assclown Cubs fans tomorrow.

And this was on a day that Flowers had two big hits.

Troncoso vs. Omogrosso is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Neither one's in our long-term future plans if we want to have a competitive bullpen in the future.