Cubs vs Sox 1:20 PM

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Baron @ May 29, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
How about hell no. Christ some of you guys I'm just glad dont have control of the ship. Stay as far from a baseball organization as possible.

So you would keep Peavy and Rios and Crain in an effort to win 81 games?

I'm not saying the Sox MUST make trades. I'm saying they should listen and if the deal makes sense, you do it.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ May 29, 2013 -> 08:42 PM)
I'm not saying the Sox MUST make trades. I'm saying they should listen and if the deal makes sense, you do it.

The market for Peavy seems like it will be great, especially if someone like Feldman or Garza (with no years left on their deals) are considered two of the top players that will be available.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
If they're out 10-13 games at the deadline, there's no reason for them not to look into trading some of the players on this team. There's no award given to a team for winning 78 games as opposed to 72.

Ok great were not even close to the trade deadline yet. I know your anxious to strip the team down and suck for as long as possible. But lets wait a while and quit the constant doom and gloom. Its like listening to a bunch of teenage girls on here sometimes.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (flavum @ May 29, 2013 -> 08:42 PM)
So you would keep Peavy and Rios and Crain in an effort to win 81 games?

Well said, none of us are advocating the stupid trades from 2007 where they basically gave up someone like Iguchi or in 2009 when they gave up Thome for nothing.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2013 -> 09:35 PM)
Great, now those 2 runs credited to Santiago will be used by people on here to point out he should never start again :)

Santiago proves yet again there is little value in a long reliever. We will still see people somehow defend the move of him to the bullpen.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 29, 2013 -> 08:44 PM)
Ok great were not even close to the trade deadline yet. I know your anxious to strip the team down and suck for as long as possible.

I've actually said there's no reason they can't be competitive again in 2015 or so.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 29, 2013 -> 08:46 PM)
If the Mariners can send down Ackley and Montero, the Sox can send down Tyler f-ing Flowers.

Totally different situations, as those guys are long-term players for the Mariners most likely.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2013 -> 03:45 PM)
I've actually said there's no reason they can't be competitive again in 2015 or so.

I have no problem with what they are doing now. If were completely out of it during the trade deadline fine. But if we're in the position we are now late July its not going to happen.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 29, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
I have no problem with what they are doing now. If were completely out of it during the trade deadline fine. But if we're in the position we are now late July its not going to happen.

I don't disagree with anything you said there, and it's pretty much what I've been advocating for.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 29, 2013 -> 03:48 PM)

Yeah, I'm not saying make trades today, or that the Sox are out of it--yet.

But come the AS break and the Sox are 5-6 back in the 2nd wildcard, it'll be time to do stuff

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 29, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
Hack, hack, hacking lineup.

I'd love to see them shake it up and move ADA down so he can continue to swing as aggressive as he has without his poor OBP hurting the team.