f*** the Cubs official game thread 5/30/13

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 30, 2013 -> 01:54 PM)
I don't like that dynamic. If you were working for someone for many years and he decides to move on and you get his job, if he is still there and technically your boss even though he insists he won't interfere, and goes to great lengths not do, you have to be affected by his presence.

I would love if they brought in Matt Silverman from the Rays organization.

They just need a clean reboot....fair or not, Hahn's too closely identified with the KW regime.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:52 PM)
With this wind, this game is still within reach. Just saying.

with this offense, this game is not within reach.

the fact hat the White Sox need to use their bullpen for 5 innings, this game is not within reach

take your asswhipping and hope to start anew tomorrow

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)
I don't like that dynamic. If you were working for someone for many years and he decides to move on and you get his job, if he is still there and technically your boss even though he insists he won't interfere, and goes to great lengths not do, you have to be affected by his presence.

I hate it for 1 reason only KW has veto power over Hahn.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 30, 2013 -> 07:56 PM)
I would absolutely bench him for Wise. No question. And leave him there for awhile.

Nate brought his A game.

I think Viciedo is the person that gets benched tomorrow vs the RHP

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2013 -> 01:54 PM)
I could see it being Alexei, Gillaspie or Wise tomorrow night.

And, to think, it was 5 years ago and we couldn't believe Wise at that point in his career was a viable option over Swisher, lol.

Yet here he still is...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:57 PM)
And, to think, it was 5 years ago and we couldn't believe Wise at that point in his career was a viable option over Swisher, lol.

Yet here he still is...

Sadly, he's just as bad as he was then. That's our team.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 30, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
My phone is being blown up from f***ing scrubs fans. I really hate this s*** especially since I'm at work. Can some benching and playing other players save face for this team? I really think it can.

The same Cubs fans that have pretended the last two years that baseball didn't exist? The good Cubs fans I know understand both Chicago teams suck this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2013 -> 01:56 PM)
I think Viciedo is the person that gets benched tomorrow vs the RHP

Does Dunn really have any chance against anyone?

His days are numbered, at some point, you have to play Viciedo everyday and worry more about 2014.

We're not there yet...but Dunn's just brutal/abysmal/atrocious/egregiously bad.

Maybe being on the road, away from the embarrassment of the occasional boos from the home crowd, he can get it going again.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
I would love if they brought in Matt Silverman from the Rays organization.

They just need a clean reboot....fair or not, Hahn's too closely identified with the KW regime.

I think if they think Hahn is qualified to be the GM, let him be the GM. Let KW spend his time with his soon to be new wife. If JR wants to give him a golden parachute, good for KW, but his position as not GM but technically Hahn's boss is ridiculous. If he doesn't want to be the GM, get out of the way, and I say that knowing KW has said he would stay out of the way. I just think his being there puts him in the way no matter what.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 30, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's not on the plane tonight.

Now that would surprise me, as I bet Cooper thinks the chances of fixing him are better at the MLB level than in AAA.