f*** the Cubs official game thread 5/30/13

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ May 30, 2013 -> 01:59 PM)
Quick, someone email BROOKS!

Sox should wear these jerseys on Saturdays...

badnews_small.gif

Good thing Harrelson's not there for this one.

TWTW...not so much.

Maybe he would have a final, ultimate meltdown and just walk out of the booth.

It had to be annoying him Monday when the Cubs were getting more cheers than the Sox on their home field.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2013 -> 03:02 PM)
Now that would surprise me, as I bet Cooper thinks the chances of fixing him are better at the MLB level than in AAA.

True. I just saw his 7+ ERA with 2 outs, and I'm thinking it's almost that time.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
Now that would surprise me, as I bet Cooper thinks the chances of fixing him are better at the MLB level than in AAA.

They've already said Jones isn't going to be demoted and that they have to fix his problems at the big league level.

There's no quick solution in AAA.

And Webb's too raw to just throw into the fire.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 30, 2013 -> 03:00 PM)
I think if they think Hahn is qualified to be the GM, let him be the GM. Let KW spend his time with his soon to be new wife. If JR wants to give him a golden parachute, good for KW, but his position as not GM but technically Hahn's boss is ridiculous. If he doesn't want to be the GM, get out of the way, and I say that knowing KW has said he would stay out of the way. I just think his being there puts him in the way no matter what.

I agree KW wants his hands on everything but on Hahn's watch so he can so it was not me.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 30, 2013 -> 08:03 PM)
If peavy is not hurt, this is worst piece of managing yet by Ventura.

I'd rather protect the health of our trade chip than worry about Nate Jones being overused today. Face it, if the Sox are close tomorrow night, it's not like Jones was going to be used.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2013 -> 03:05 PM)
I'd rather protect the health of our trade chip than worry about Nate Jones being overused today. Face it, if the Sox are close tomorrow night, it's not like Jones was going to be used.

But he was only at 69 pitches.

there is useless hit that will be wasted

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2013 -> 03:05 PM)

I agree with this.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ May 30, 2013 -> 03:10 PM)
Then clearly, they want the season to be over with.

Good, we'll all back on this season much they same as 07, 09, 11 anyways -- forgettable. I'm hoping that the highlights of this season center around the emergence of Hector Santiago as a front line starter, and the stellar trade package we hopefully receive for Jake Peavy.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 30, 2013 -> 09:19 PM)
Cubs for me. More athletic team.

Way, way more resources going forward as well. NL Central should be damn good for the next 5 years.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
Way, way more resources going forward as well. NL Central should be damn good for the next 5 years.

Somehow you think this is an argument for why the Cubs will challenge for a playoff spot?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2013 -> 08:23 PM)
Somehow you think this is an argument for why the Cubs will challenge for a playoff spot?

No, it's why I didn't answer that it would flat out be the Cubs due to that specific reason. I think the Cubs will have better teams than the Sox for the next few years, but I'm not sure they'll have an easier path to the postseason.