f*** the Cubs official game thread 5/30/13

QUOTE (flavum @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)
Viciedo sucks and always will suck.

Flame away.

Don't have the energy.

Marty can file it away for future reference to join his crusade (which has been silent recently, but will wake up again surely).

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cubs are simply a better and more talented team than the White Sox - the White Sox just happen to not be in a division with the Cardinals so they get to tease the silly idiots who think they have a chance a little bit longer.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 30, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Omo and Nate can sit next to each other on the plane....to CHARLOTTE!

Omogrosso is really bad. The hitters seem to take very comfortable swings against him.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (flavum @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)
Omo and Nate can sit next to each other on the plane....to CHARLOTTE!

Replaced by Ramon Troncoso and Remenowsky, lol?

We might as well bring back Ehren Wasserman, Jeff Nelson, Chad Bradford, Takatsu...or any random ex-Royals. Who was that big LHR, about 6'7", that was a complete flop in 2007 we got from the Royals?

Don't even want to remember that brutal season. Just remembered, Sisco.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 30, 2013 -> 05:00 PM)

We might as well bring back Ehren Wasserman, Jeff Nelson, Chad Bradford, Takatsu...or any random ex-Royals. Who was that big LHR, about 6'7", that was a complete flop in 2007 we got from the Royals?

They need to give Troncoso a shot. Omo should NOT be in the bigs....at all.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 30, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)

Ryan Bukvich...right handed

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 30, 2013 -> 10:00 PM)

Free Santos Rodriguez

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 30, 2013 -> 03:53 PM)
The Cubs are simply a better and more talented team than the White Sox - the White Sox just happen to not be in a division with the Cardinals so they get to tease the silly idiots who think they have a chance a little bit longer.

I enjoy distancing myself from Soxtalk for awhile and then returning and reading through posts by the same members (often year to year) who cannot seem to recognize a White Sox team for what it is. I don't know if immersing yourself in every pitch of every game and then coming on here to discuss it every day removes you objectivity, but it's troubling in some cases. This is not a well constructed ballclub. They will not be winning in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 30, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)
I enjoy distancing myself from Soxtalk for awhile and then returning and reading through posts by the same members (often year to year) who cannot seem to recognize a White Sox team for what it is. I don't know if immersing yourself in every pitch of every game and then coming on here to discuss it every day removes you objectivity, but it's troubling in some cases. This is not a well constructed ballclub. They will not be winning in the playoffs.

It goes one of two ways. If you follow the team too closely, you don't believe they'll ever turn things around because you tend to focus on the weaknesses in a season like this one.

You want to believe they can actually compete with the Tigers, you try to convince yourself...but your heart's telling you not to get too invested and your brain is definitely telling you to look at Sox history in the 2nd half of seasons. (Meanwhile, we get treated to stories about the 83 Sox, the Cardinals in 2006/11 or the 2005 Astros). You listen to Harrelson when the team actually has a good overall game and buy into the kool aid for a couple of days before everything falls apart again.

Maybe you're right. I just turned the game off a couple of innings ago and switched to A's/Giants. Advanced scouting, lol.