f*** the Cubs official game thread 5/30/13

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 30, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)
I enjoy distancing myself from Soxtalk for awhile and then returning and reading through posts by the same members (often year to year) who cannot seem to recognize a White Sox team for what it is. I don't know if immersing yourself in every pitch of every game and then coming on here to discuss it every day removes you objectivity, but it's troubling in some cases. This is not a well constructed ballclub. They will not be winning in the playoffs.

Jim-Mora-Playoffs.jpg

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ May 30, 2013 -> 03:07 PM)
Birmingham has some guys in the pen throwing the ball exceptionally well.

Omo needs to be OFF this roster......I'm sorry.

Daniel Webb...but he's still very inexperienced.

We'll see him in August/September, but probably not before then...definitely when the minor league seasons end, although the Barons' season will probably be extended by the playoffs.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 30, 2013 -> 05:09 PM)
Daniel Webb...but he's still very inexperienced.

We'll see him in August/September, but probably not before then...definitely when the minor league seasons end, although the Barons' season will probably be extended by the playoffs.

Not just him. Look up & down the pitchers stats at the WHIP & ERAs....Very impressive.

People love to knock our farm system but we have some pieces down there for sure.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 30, 2013 -> 04:02 PM)
Free Santos Rodriguez

He's pitched in 9 games for 14 innings and has allowed 12 walks. Don't think the control is there yet. You're better off giving Purcey a shot.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ May 30, 2013 -> 04:05 PM)
Troncoso 21 IPs only 14 hits surrendered....WHIP at 0.86. Has been saving down in AAA & he can not be anywhere near as bad as Omo.

He's also only struck out 14. The nice thing about Troncoso would be that he'd throw strikes. The problem is that his strikes end up landing about 450 feet from home plate. I honestly don't care if they give him a shot, because he can't be worse than Omogrosso, but guys usually don't figure "it" out at the age of 30.

I am still surprised the club is carrying Omogrosso, even if he is just a mopup guy. He's 29 years old, has gotten blown up this year, and his ERA in AAA is 5.40. His peripherals are good (about a 4 K/BB, K/9 >9, HR/9 of 0.85), but some guys don't have it. I'd like to see them use Jhan Marinez a little more as he impressed me when he was up last year, but play some musical chairs until you find one that works.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 30, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
I enjoy distancing myself from Soxtalk for awhile and then returning and reading through posts by the same members (often year to year) who cannot seem to recognize a White Sox team for what it is. I don't know if immersing yourself in every pitch of every game and then coming on here to discuss it every day removes you objectivity, but it's troubling in some cases. This is not a well constructed ballclub. They will not be winning in the playoffs.

This. I tend to avoid Pale Hose Talk in years like this, but sometimes a realistic has to come around and break up the monotony of people thinking Dayan Viciedo will become a superstar or that this team doesn't just plain suck.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 30, 2013 -> 04:25 PM)
This. I tend to avoid Pale Hose Talk in years like this, but sometimes a realistic has to come around and break up the monotony of people thinking Dayan Viciedo will become a superstar or that this team doesn't just plain suck.

See I avoid it during games like this because of posts like this shortly after. The crying on here sometimes is unbearable.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ May 30, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
See I avoid it during games like this because of posts like this shortly after. The crying on here sometimes is unbearable.

You call it crying. I call it venting.

Nothing wrong with venting.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 30, 2013 -> 04:33 PM)
You call it crying. I call it venting.

Nothing wrong with venting.

See there's a line in which it stops becoming venting. I think many have gone over that line.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 30, 2013 -> 03:53 PM)
The Cubs are simply a better and more talented team than the White Sox - the White Sox just happen to not be in a division with the Cardinals so they get to tease the silly idiots who think they have a chance a little bit longer.

The Cubs have played the Cardinals TWICE, but please don't let facts get in the way of yet another one of your meatball theories.

That doesn't make them less talented than the Cubs though.

What else do you expect out of a losing game thread than venting? There's nothing more productive to be said that doesn't belong in a more focused thread.

The Sox are still a better team than the cubs. I don't care what anyone says. The sox did not show up this series, period. They have had solid SP this entire year and Danks and Peavy implode. You have to expect your SP to do better than 4 IP. We know what the White Sox offense is, that hasn't changed. Since RV is hell bent on his s***ty lineup, it will continue unless these overpaid assholes break out of their slump.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 30, 2013 -> 04:44 PM)
The Sox are still a better team than the cubs. I don't care what anyone says. The sox did not show up this series period. They have had solid SP this entire year and Danks and Peavy implode. You have to expect your SP to do better than 4 IP. We know what the White Sox offense is, that hasn't changed. Since RV is hell bent on his s***ty lineup, it will continue unless these overpaid assholes break out of their slump.

This. The Sox may very well be a bad team, but anyone who honestly thinks the Cubs' current roster is more talented is a complete f***ing idiot.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 30, 2013 -> 04:49 PM)
This. The Sox may very well be a bad team, but anyone who honestly thinks the Cubs' current roster is more talented is a complete f***ing idiot.

I would say it's a dumb argument. Who cares? Both team's seasons end on September 29.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 30, 2013 -> 09:49 PM)

Aren't they pretty similar in terms of on the field talent?