f*** the Cubs official game thread 5/30/13

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ May 30, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
I like that the Sox are at least losing badly now. I can make fun of my own team if they lose badly. If they lose well-played, well-pitched 2-1, 3-2 games, its frustrating. At least I can have a laffriot or two with 2013 southside s***show.

I think this is crazy. If they're going to lose I want them to look good doing it.

A walk to the White Sox means nothing as they cannot string any type of hitting together without a home run. For years now the selection has been to swing at anything close regardless of the outcome. They are like a little league team in that regard. The count means nothing. It does not matters if it is close, they will put it in play.

A part of me wonders that the lack of execution from this organization for the entire season has anything to do with Ventura turning down an extension.

This team is not doing anything similar to what it did last year.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
A walk to the White Sox means nothing as they cannot string any type of hitting together without a home run. For years now the selection has been to swing at anything close regardless of the outcome. They are like a little league team in that regard. The count means nothing. It does not matters if it is close, they will put it in play.

A part of me wonders that the lack of execution from this organization for the entire season has anything to do with Ventura turning down an extension.

This team is not doing anything similar to what it did last year.

I doubt it. If that was the reason we would have seen either coaching or player changes.

I haven't seen many comments about George Brett taking over as the hitting coach of the Royals. Does this means Moustakis and Hosmer will now be cured?

One thing I don't understand about their move is the guys he replaced are being reassigned to the minors. If they are bad enough to be fired, why would you want them messing with your prospects?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:22 PM)
I doubt it. If that was the reason we would have seen either coaching or player changes.

I am thinking more from a mentality standpoint.

The approach to the game this year is 100% different from last. Almost like the team was not ready and maybe Robin was not ready to commit to a season worth of work.

I don't know it just seems like what this team did last year it is not doing this year. The focus and possible work-ethic is not there.

It was just something that passed through my mind as I watch this.

Oh and the fact that Rios and Ramirez have to play every inning of every day because there is no bench whatsoever does not help.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 30, 2013 -> 03:26 PM)
Oh and the fact that Rios and Ramirez have to play every inning of every day because there is no bench whatsoever does not help.

They still ought to get the occasional offday. Rios playing 51 straight games is insane.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:26 PM)
I am thinking more from a mentality standpoint.

The approach to the game this year is 100% different from last. Almost like the team was not ready and maybe Robin was not ready to commit to a season worth of work.

I don't know it just seems like what this team did last year it is not doing this year. The focus and possible work-ethic is not there.

It was just something that passed through my mind as I watch this.

It's 50 games in pretty cool overall conditions. If Rios and Ramirez are tired, that's pretty sad. It's baseball, they aren't competing in triathalons every day.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 30, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
Navarro takes it.

Navarro with the White Sox - 102 G, 87 GS, 25-43, 6.06 ERA, 542 IP, 1.69 WHIP, ERA+ 76

If you must know, Dunn's OPS+ as a member of the White Sox is at an 84 OPS+

Navarro was traded for Valentin. Dunn by a lot.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:24 PM)
I haven't seen many comments about George Brett taking over as the hitting coach of the Royals. Does this means Moustakis and Hosmer will now be cured?

One thing I don't understand about their move is the guys he replaced are being reassigned to the minors. If they are bad enough to be fired, why would you want them messing with your prospects?

Just more pine tar and stories and George Brett s***ting his pants

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2013 -> 08:28 PM)
They still ought to get the occasional offday. Rios playing 51 straight games is insane.

Also considering he played in some intense WBC games as well instead of Spring Training

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)
It's 50 games in pretty cool overall conditions. If Rios and Ramirez are tired, that's pretty sad. It's baseball, they aren't competing in triathalons every day.

You could be right but I wouldn't hurt to give them a day off would it?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:14 PM)
Rick Hahn is going to have to take a break from the nap he has been on since getting his job.

We were just 4 games back from 1st in our division. Your judgement is very cloudy when dealing with the Cubs.