Juan Francisco!!!

Noonskadoodle

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2013 -> 07:30 PM)
Before acquiring Gillaspie, I would have said absolutely.

Yea good point.

Gillaspie has been pretty money & a great find so far, but adding another lefty to the bench & cutting either Greene or Wells loose is something that def couldn't hurt.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ May 30, 2013 -> 05:33 PM)
Yea good point.

Gillaspie has been pretty money & a great find so far, but adding another lefty to the bench & cutting either Greene or Wells loose is something that def couldn't hurt.

I agree but I think that gillaspie would be more valuable as a utility infielder. fransisco brings the power and pop we lack with gillaspie at 3rd. I don't think we should shy away because of gillaspie.

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ May 31, 2013 -> 01:26 AM)
I agree but I think that gillaspie would be more valuable as a utility infielder. fransisco brings the power and pop we lack with gillaspie at 3rd. I don't think we should shy away because of gillaspie.

has Gillaspie ever played any position other than 3rd? and If Francisco is a solid upgrade from him, why would we expect he'd get through waivers?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2013 -> 08:06 AM)
has Gillaspie ever played any position other than 3rd? and If Francisco is a solid upgrade from him, why would we expect he'd get through waivers?

31 games at 1b, 2 games in LF, and 500 games at 3b throughout his professional baseball career.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 31, 2013 -> 08:24 AM)
How come if White Sox put up these kind of numbers, the team needs to move on from them as soon as possible, but if he's with another team, he's potentially a great player?

People always think the grass is greener.

QUOTE (sammy esposito @ May 31, 2013 -> 10:40 AM)
Brent Morel has hit .333 his last 10 games that I believe is the best we are going to get.

Filling our roster out this year has become like streaming hot streaks in fantasy baseball. How low we've fallen.