6/1 - Sox at A's

flavum

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)
There's something about striking someone out with gas that makes it more legit. Getting blown away with gas, is way more demoralizing than missing a curve or change.

Speaking of demonstrative and getting K's with gas...here comes Balfour.

Orlando Cabrera on-deck.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 05:06 PM)
I am not sure what that has to do with Gimenez acting like he cares more then Flowers does

Simple, Flowers was given the position and didn't even come into the season ready physically. It was almost like the White Sox "owed" him the starting catcher's job after all that time.

Gimenez seems to appreciate his opportunities more, just going from body language.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 06:26 PM)
I saw he homered off of possible Sox draft pick R. Stanek (unlikely to fall to the Sox). With that said, Stanek's fastball seemed well short of the power heater he's advertised as having.

Typical sox pick

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
Simple, Flowers was given the position and didn't even come into the season ready physically. It was almost like the White Sox "owed" him the starting catcher's job after all that time.

Gimenez seems to appreciate his opportunities more, just going from body language.

That is kind of what I was pointing out? lol

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 05:10 PM)
That is kind of what I was pointing out? lol

You've never noticed the difference in Alex Rios 2009/11 and the last two years?

It's easy to see.

And when Ventura does send the runner....that ends up happening.

Royals loaded the bases with no outs against Texas, now 2 consecutive K's by Moustakas and Cain, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 06:13 PM)
You've never noticed the difference in Alex Rios 2009/11 and the last two years?

It's easy to see.

And when Ventura does send the runner....that ends up happening.

Royals loaded the bases with no outs against Texas, now 2 consecutive K's by Moustakas and Cain, lol.

I didn't say that. I don't understand what you are talking about lol. I just pointed out that Gimenez shows more emotion then Flowers. That is it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 05:13 PM)
Terrible luck, as it makes no sense for the SS not to be covering on the steal attempt.

Except for the fact that DeAza isn't likely to pull Balfour's fastball on the infield.

Royals score, of all things, on a HBP by Robbie Ross against Lough.

Yet more evidence that Hector Santiago's being misused by Ventura.

You don't use Nathan Jones over Santiago in that situation...based on how Jones has thrown recently.

It's like Ventura is just giving this game away on purpose by using Jones.

Now they bring in Santiago when a runner's already on base. Great.

Royals with two late game rallies in the last 3 games. If we lose, they're 1 GB and we're tied with Minny.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 06:16 PM)
I don't want to jinx him, but it's ridiculous how Hector Santiago is being used.

Yes it is. Now he brings in Santiago. Why not just start him for the inning? He just wasted a guy out of the bullpen in an extra inning game

Here to say that this is what you get when you put a starting pitcher in the bullpen. He will walk guys when he doesn't have an hour to warm up like he's used to. We saw it all last year.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 11:24 PM)
Here to say that this is what you get when you put a starting pitcher in the bullpen. He will walk guys when he doesn't have an hour to warm up like he's used to. We saw it all last year.

Yep, and he said he doesn't have a feel for his offspeed stuff. Santiago has all but begged to be a starter.