6/3 - The Return of the Bacon Slayer

Quin

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 05:50 PM)
Cheese straws.

Makes sense to demote Dunn in order to move up Konerko. Wait...no it doesn't.

Who should hit clean up right now? Pretty much we have no hitters who should hit 4th or 5th with the way they are hitting right now. The problem is you have to put someone there.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:08 PM)
Who should hit clean up right now? Pretty much we have no hitters who should hit 4th or 5th with the way they are hitting right now. The problem is you have to put someone there.

Viciedo should against LHP

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 06:14 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 35s

Tyler Flowers said he was one of players who had meeting. Said it was about getting on same page, had overall positive tone. #whitesox

https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN

Surprise surprise....

Hayes also said on his twitter that Flowers has reputation in clubhouse as one of hardest workers. Probably less of a punishment talk and more of a last vote of confidence. Not the "lack of enthusiasm" guy(s) that we're speculating about.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 06:14 PM)
How many lefties in that stretch, one?

Doesn't matter -- he has an easily correctable flaw going. He's just lunging out, getting his weight on his front foot as soon as he strides. He can't even stay behind a fastball with his weight shift like this

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 06:14 PM)
How many lefties in that stretch, one?

The funny thing is that his power has all come against RHP. All 4 of his HRs are off of righties. He is hitting .211 against them, but it slugging .379. Lefties he is hitting .357, but slugging .429.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 06:25 PM)
Hayes also said on his twitter that Flowers has reputation in clubhouse as one of hardest workers. Probably less of a punishment talk and more of a last vote of confidence. Not the "lack of enthusiasm" guy(s) that we're speculating about.

Lack of production not lack of enthusiasm.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 06:14 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 35s

Tyler Flowers said he was one of players who had meeting. Said it was about getting on same page, had overall positive tone. #whitesox

https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN

Surprise surprise....

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 06:31 PM)
Hayes--

Adam Dunn had a meeting too. Knows they have to get going

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 06:32 PM)
Hayes--

Paul Konerko missed his scheduled meeting due to watching the replay of Blackhawks game.

:)

So there were at least two separate player meetings, plus the captain missed it to watch a replay of a hockey game? I think I am starting to understand this teams problem. Something in the clubhouse is f***ed up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:41 PM)
So there were at least two separate player meetings, plus the captain missed it to watch a replay of a hockey game? I think I am starting to understand this teams problem. Something in the clubhouse is f***ed up.

I hope that was sarcasm, as I was clearly making up that comment. On the radio the last week in Chicago, there were meatheads calling in saying that Konerko cared more about the Blackhawks than the Sox.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 12:38 PM)
It's not even that. He passed the eye test.

God, another guy who passed the eye test? 2008 Carlos Quentin. It seemed almost impossible to pitch to that version of that guy. It's too bad that he both hates hits own wrist and is a mental midget.

You know who else loves the eye test? The Soxtalk Meathead. Its his preferred methodology for evaulation of a player :D

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 06:42 PM)
I hope that was sarcasm, as I was clearly making up that comment. On the radio the last week in Chicago, there were meatheads calling in saying that Konerko cared more about the Blackhawks than the Sox.

I missed all of that, which is probably why I didn't get the joke. Wasting your time on Chicago sports radio isn't good for your IQ.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 10:21 AM)
In the likely (but not certain) event that Beckham comes back and is the player he always was, the fans are going to hate him extra because of how much nonsense Hawk has been spewing about him turning the season around. I feel like Hawk has done him a huge disservice -- everyone was comfortable with him not being very good before.

I was listening to his Beckham slurping yesterday, embarrassed to have even heard it. All he's doing is delaying having to make an honest assessment of the White Sox. If anyone follows his philosophy (which I'm sure many don't) when is it ever right to judge a struggling team? There's always going to be several players slumping, injured, or some other excuse to extend hope just a little bit longer.

K's and fly balls from DeAza, not good.

Ideally, De Aza would have a RH counterpart who could play against LHP, too.

White Sox 3-17 when not hitting a home run this year.

2.2 runs scored on average over the last 9 games.

What do you know, 1-2-3.

Saunders is practically unbeatable at SAFECO, atrocious on the road. Dramatic splits.

Edited by caulfield12