6/3 - The Return of the Bacon Slayer

Quin

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 09:19 PM)
In an article on chicagosports.com, Santiago said he game planned to throw change-ups to Reddick in that AB that led to the bases loaded walkoff walk, but he ended up throwing outside fastballs. Seems like he was throwing Gimenez under the bus.

Reddick said he was sitting on the fastballs, was 100% comfortable in that at-bat...and felt in command.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 10:16 PM)
I'm pretty sure Danks never had that good of numbers to deserve that much money

Look at what Edwin Jackson just got. Even average starters gets paid a lot of money these days.

If you projected even some minor improvement from Danks at the time of the signing then I think the deal made sense. I definitely don't think it was a slam dunk, but I thought it was important to have at least one arm in your rotation locked up long-term.

Reddick said that when the count went to 2-1, he knew he was taking against Hector Santiago. He felt as if he'd been seeing the ball well all day and would be comfortable hitting with two strikes, if it came to that, especially knowing Santiago was throwing a lot of fastballs.

"I was sitting on something over the plate, and he tried to nibble," Reddick said of the next two pitches.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/athletics/article/A-...p#ixzz2VDLQpv3a

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 10:17 PM)
Great back to back contributions by the Danks brothers. Lets all be glad that Tyler flowers is an only child.

This post just made me laugh out loud. I'm sure I'm late to the party, but I think the Sox have finally become laughably bad for me.

Chavez >> DeAza

Defensively by far, and offensively this season.

More Danks issues.

That Bay ball in USCF in June/July/August is way out....

You can't be a fly ball pitcher like Danks and survive with that kind of stuff.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 09:29 PM)
It's going to be scary when Danks actually faces the top offenses in the AL.

Looking at the Mariners is a lot like looking at the Sox. Aces in Sale/King Felix. White Sox have the advantage in overall pitching depth, and bullpen, but fairly similar teams.

They're (White Sox) going to have to add random veterans like Morse, Bay, Ibanez and Morales to have a respectable offense next year. None of their young players are ready, with the POSSIBLE exception of Phegley (and that's probably a 25% chance of working out).

The difference is the home stadiums. You can't have an abysmal offense and win at USCF.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 04:34 AM)
Looking at the Mariners is a lot like looking at the Sox. Aces in Sale/King Felix. White Sox have the advantage in overall pitching depth, and bullpen, but fairly similar teams.

They're (White Sox) going to have to add random veterans like Morse, Bay, Ibanez and Morales to have a respectable offense next year. None of their young players are ready, with the POSSIBLE exception of Phegley (and that's probably a 25% chance of working out).

The difference is the home stadiums. You can't have an abysmal offense and win at USCF.

Seattle's offense sucks, why would you aim to copy them?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 09:35 PM)
Seattle's offense sucks, why would you aim to copy them?

Don't want to copy them.

Just saying you could see a scenario like that happening...one of the central tenets of the KW philosophy was give the home fans offensive excitement. This is the diametrically opposed opposite. It's like like 80's White Sox baseball in Old Comiskey.

Otherwise, they're going to have to trade the likes of Erik Johnson or Santiago to get what they want...especially at the catching position.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 04:38 AM)
Don't want to copy them.

Just saying you could see a scenario like that happening.

Otherwise, they're going to have to trade the likes of Erik Johnson or Santiago to get what they want...especially at the catching position.

Or maybe, just maybe.....REBUILD. As Hahn said on the radio, the players have to give you a reason to want to go ahead and add to the roster. He was clearly pissed about the play of the team last week.

Edited by fathom