6/3 - The Return of the Bacon Slayer

Quin

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:09 PM)
I wonder how many in a row Sox are going to lose. Once you hit 10 and upwards of 10, that's to the point heads need to roll. Whose heads? Dunno.

If that's what it takes, then we should all hope for a 10 game losing streak. Whats an extra three losses on this season, anyway?

And personally, not that heads rolling should mean shifting coaches (atleast now), but there should be significant roster changes.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:23 PM)
Felix ain't pitching in the rain and cold tomorrow. That should be fun.

Shutout #3 on this roadtrip may happen.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 05:18 AM)
If that's what it takes, then we should all hope for a 10 game losing streak. Whats an extra three losses on this season, anyway?

And personally, not that heads rolling should mean shifting coaches (atleast now), but there should be significant roster changes.

I've always been in favor of winning as many games as possible, but the last several seasons have kind of jaded me to the point I just want heads to roll. We'll be seeing a lot of Sox on other teams' rosters in coming seasons and you just know they'll be doing a lot of damage against the Sox. Couldn't they tell in spring training that this offense would be abysmal? Do they pay our GM, president, scouts, etc?? A station to staion team with absolutely no speed, no plate discipline and the only hope of scoring runs the long ball. Yet we let 27 home runs go in AJP and Paulie is simply too old to hit 20-25 home runs and Dunn is Dunn. Even if he somehow runs into 25-30 home runs, he'll be a detriment.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 04:26 AM)
OMGrosso in to put this game out of grand slam reach.

Flash, how many organizations would you say are in worst shape than the Sox are (current roster and farm system)?

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 04:32 AM)
I am now

FAU hit a 2 out, grand slam to take a 2 run lead in the 9th. Then they hit a 3 run homer in extras, only for UNC to tie it and have the winning run thrown out at home.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:26 PM)
I've always been in favor of winning as many games as possible, but the last several seasons have kind of jaded me to the point I just want heads to roll. We'll be seeing a lot of Sox on other teams' rosters in coming seasons and you just know they'll be doing a lot of damage against the Sox. Couldn't they tell in spring training that this offense would be abysmal? Do they pay our GM, president, scouts, etc?? A station to staion team with absolutely no speed, no plate discipline and the only hope of scoring runs the long ball. Yet we let 27 home runs go in AJP and Paulie is simply too old to hit 20-25 home runs and Dunn is Dunn. Even if he somehow runs into 25-30 home runs, he'll be a detriment.

LOL you and I had many arguments about this issue in 2007, when I was actively promoting losing and you had that "I always want my team to win" mindset.

But, I don't know how you can be too upset about the offense. I'd say how this team is now is how a majority thought it would be entering spring training -- good pitching, mediocre offense overly reliant on the homerun, likely under .500 .

Hahn very well may have unofficially thought of this season as treading water. Next season will likely be the same unless there's some shrewd FA signings and trades.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:33 PM)
FAU hit a 2 out, grand slam to take a 2 run lead in the 9th. Then they hit a 3 run homer in extras, only for UNC to tie it and have the winning run thrown out at home.

Yeah I've been trying to catch up reading some of the tweets on twitter. I for some reason was watching Mrs.Doubtfire for the millionth time. :lol:

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:35 PM)
Yeah I've been trying to catch up reading some of the tweets on twitter. I for some reason was watching Mrs.Doubtfire for the millionth time for some reason. :lol:

Nothing at all wrong with that. Robin Williams is awful. But he killed in that movie.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:36 PM)
Nothing at all wrong with that. Robin Williams is awful. But he killed in that movie.

Pretty sure I could recite the movie though :lol:. Its on all the time.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:23 PM)
Felix ain't pitching in the rain and cold tomorrow. That should be fun.

I would hope rain isn't a factor seeing how Safeco has a retractable roof