6/3 - The Return of the Bacon Slayer

Quin

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 05:42 AM)
lol@the Konerko hating. Dude is 37 (without PEDs that's like 47 in baseball years). The decline was inevitable. The fact that it's just now happening is kind of remarkable.

It's more no one wants to see such a fan favorite struggle. He's my favorite Sox player of all time, and I really wanted him to go out with a great season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:38 PM)
I would hope rain isn't a factor seeing how Safeco has a retractable roof

That was my point. He pitched in the crap in Chicago in April and was bad if you recall.

He won't have those conditions tomorrow for the 8th loss.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 05:42 AM)
lol@the Konerko hating. Dude is 37 (without PEDs that's like 47 in baseball years). The decline was inevitable. The fact that it's just now happening is kind of remarkable.

I don't hate him, but he is finished, at least as a power hitter. I wonder if he can learn how to slash singles and become a .300 hitter with 5-10 homers a year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:44 PM)
It's more no one wants to see such a fan favorite struggle. He's my favorite Sox player of all time, and I really wanted him to go out with a great season.

I saw Michael Jordan with the Wizards. So nothing really fazes me in that regard. I think PK will hit better as the season goes on. But how many more .900 OPS seasons can one really expect at this stage?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:46 PM)
I saw Michael Jordan with the Wizards. So nothing really fazes me in that regard. I think PK will hit better as the season goes on. But how many more .900 OPS seasons can one really expect at this stage?

I think PK is toast he will struggle all year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:28 PM)
Flash, how many organizations would you say are in worst shape than the Sox are (current roster and farm system)?

If we're including the current MLB roster and the farm system into an overall organizational ranking, we're among the worst. Luckily Houston is there to push us up.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:47 PM)
Wow...the Astros just took out the Angels AGAIN, that's two in a row in SoCal.

I think it's something like a 5-3 or 6-3 advantage for the Astros on the season head-to-head.

I am sure Astros will whip the Sox ass when they play.