*STREAKBUSTER* GT 6/4: SOX @ SEA

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 08:38 PM)
I can't believe the Sox were dumb enough to sign DWise when they had Jordan Danks around. He's a stud.

Nobody's going to argue with you, the only one is mysteriously silent or absent during game threads these days...lurking in the weeds.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 02:38 AM)
I can't believe the Sox were dumb enough to sign DWise when they had Jordan Danks around. He's a stud.

The Sox really are just awesome at developing their own offensive talent, aren't they?

I don't even think Danks was that popular the last couple of seasons.

His prospect status had already dimmed, whatever cache he had in the first 2-3 years in the system.

Was hoping for Ryan Sweeney with power, we got....Cory Snyder without the arm strength. Pretty swing, but not the results to support what scouts loved from a physical standpoint.

He did have those 2 game-winning homers. He has that, at least.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:43 AM)
I don't even think Danks was that popular the last couple of seasons.

His prospect status had already dimmed, whatever cache he had in the first 2-3 years in the system.

Was hoping for Ryan Sweeney with power, we got....Cory Snyder without the arm strength. Pretty swing, but not the results to support what scouts loved from a physical standpoint.

He did have those 2 game-winning homers. He has that, at least.

A lot of scouts had doubts that Danks would hit enough to be a MLB starter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 09:45 PM)
A lot of scouts had doubts that Danks would hit enough to be a MLB starter.

I think he has already surpassed most projections. He was available as a rule 5 I think last year or the year before and no one bit. He could be a spare OF, but he is going to have to shorten his swing. It's way too long to really have much success playing sporatically, and if he is a regular on your team, chances are you are not comtending.

LOL at the Royals getting shutout by Twins' pitching.

Well, not like we have a lot to brag about in that department...

THANKFULLY, Peavy has another three weeks of bad teams in front of him on the schedule to maintain his trade value before his ERA balloons into the 4's.

Morales pricing himself out of the White Sox payroll range for next year, lol.

Thanks, Jakemeister.

Get Peavy out of there. This is pathetic....pretty soon, Jake's trade value is going to be diminished if he keeps this up and doesn't show much more than 89-91 MPH fastballs.

Edited by caulfield12