*STREAKBUSTER* GT 6/4: SOX @ SEA

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 10:18 PM)
Last 9-game losing streak was August, 1991. And that wasn't a bad team.

Won 87 games with a 2-15 stretch.

I remember that the team tanked right after the all-star game.Started when Sox traded Kittle to Baltimore.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mike89128 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 10:50 PM)
I remember that the team tanked right after the all-star game.Started when Sox traded Kittle to Baltimore.

That was 1990 when the Sox won 94 games. They fell apart in August then too.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 09:52 PM)
That was 1990 when the Sox won 94 games. They fell apart in August then too.

Kittle was a big part of the '90 team coming out of nowhere and helping the Sox give the A's a run for their money that year. But for whatever reason, Larry Himes decided to trade him away at or around the trading deadline for Phil Bradley who, on paper, might have looked like a better, overall player than Kitty. But Bradley bombed with the Sox and ended up being nowhere near as productive as Kitty had been earlier in the season. And that trading away of Kittle was one of the reasons, I believe, why the Sox lost out to Oakland that season.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 04:10 AM)
Let's hope so. This is not a contender. At all.

Damn Marlins and Astros preventing us from getting Carlos Rodon. But yes, this is pretty clearly one of the worst 8 teams in baseball, especially if Peavy is out for a while.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 10:13 PM)
Damn Marlins and Astros preventing us from getting Carlos Rodon. But yes, this is pretty clearly one of the worst 8 teams in baseball, especially if Peavy is out for a while.

It's going to look REALLY bad if Ventura leaves the team for a couple of games at THIS point...not that it's his fault, but sometimes circumstances conspire against your best laid plans.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 05:16 AM)
It's going to look REALLY bad if Ventura leaves the team for a couple of games at THIS point...not that it's his fault, but sometimes circumstances conspire against your best laid plans.

No it won't, coaches all over the majors take a few games off around this time due to graduations.

There's probably going to be a TON of pressure on Sale to end the losing streak...if things continue according to form. The White Sox, with the day game, and the way things are going...they're just going to want to get out of town and get back to Chicago to regroup. Iwakuma's been great for the M's. In some ways, it's a trap betting game, because all of the money SHOULD be on the Mariners tmrw.

Axelrod-Iwakuma

Straily-Quintana

Parker-Sale

Milone-Danks

TBA-Peavy/TBA

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 10:19 PM)
Ok, Puig is incredible

Cespedes and Puig look like the much better picks over Viciedo because of their overall athleticism.

Jury's still out on Soler.

There's one example where the Dodgers' deep pockets won out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 11:25 PM)
3-4, 2b and two rocket home runs

See, this is what I'm talking about. I'm wasting time on this crap and missing out tonight. I think I'm going to just follow the Sox online only and take FULL advantage of my extra inning package (Dodgers, Rockies, Braves, Reds).

Edited by Jordan4life