Our 1B of the future.

Jerksticks

If I remember correctly, Black finished really strong last year. If he does it again this year, why not consider him? He is hitting around .300 with power and a bunch of walks. Big, strong kid, improving each year. What else do you want? Would love to see him promoted to Charlotte by end of June.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 01:27 PM)
If I remember correctly, Black finished really strong last year. If he does it again this year, why not consider him? He is hitting around .300 with power and a bunch of walks. Big, strong kid, improving each year. What else do you want? Would love to see him promoted to Charlotte by end of June.

So, there are 4 1B's between Charlotte and B-Ham: Loman, McDade, Black and Wilkins. None of them are more than marginal prospects, so let's not get too excited.

That said... Loman is in Charlotte as insurance on PK and Dunn, in case they get hurt or traded or whatever. McDade was, IMO, a strange pickup. I'm actually a little more intrigued by Wilkins and Black than either Loman or McDade. I would love to see both Wilkins and Black in AAA this year, and if the Sox sell off big, I would not be opposed to seeing them as September call-ups.

I think the chances of Black or Wilkins being a starting MLB 1B are probably slim, but if the team is going to sell off anyway, why not get a look at them and see?